Main Menu

Review of Frazers Irvings 'Klarion'

Started by Marbles, 18 April, 2005, 10:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

The latest part of Grant Morrisons 'Seven Soldiers' is drawn by Mr Irving...

Link: http://www.thefourthrail.com/reviews/critiques/041805/sevensoldiersklarionthewitchboy1.shtml" target="_blank">Klarion The Witch Boy

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Art

Go Fraze! This should be his big US breakthrough... again.

johnnystress

id like to read this but would i have to buy loads of other comics in order to make sense of it?

This is one of seven series' that are all tiesd in or something?

Steamboy

Hopefully all these Seven Soldier stories will all be collected in a couple of GN's as without access to a comic sghop I cant get these and it sounds like it would be cool. Anyone know the full count on this maxi series?

CU Krestel

Satanist

"Anyone know the full count on this maxi series?"

There are seven 4-issue mini series with two larger issues either side sooo,30 issues in all.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

johnnystress

yikes! at 4 euros a pop I'll be giving this one a miss

A collection of this Klarion would be good- if it makes sense as a standalone...which it probably wont

Art

So far the stories have only been very loosley interconnected, so it might make sense... Of course, with Morrison you quite often feel like you're missing out on the bigger picture even if there isn't one.

Art

Got this today, and really enjoyed it. It's easily my favourite of the seven Soldiers stories so far, and certainly the one with the most interesting setting. And Frazers art is gorgeous... the reduced colour pallete brings the line work out particularly well.

I'm really looking forwards to seeing the rest of this.

Tordelbach

Oh yeah!  Just read 'Klarion', and after heratily enjoying the '7 Soldiers' prologue and 'Zatanna', and  being less than impressed with 'Manhattan Guardian' and ''Shining Knight', I thought this was absolutely nifty.  Amazing art (well duhh), but a great story and dialogue too.  

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Am I to understand that these zombie Grundies are the same sort of thingies as Solomon Grundy (who I only remember from an old Superman reprint annual, but who seemed *very* powerful)?  I thought he came from an Earth 2 sotrt of place "on the opposite side of the sun", or somesuch?  is this a post-Crisis revision?  DC folks help please!

Dan Kelly

Really enjoyed this issue.  Frazer's artwork is gorgeous, although I wonder how the DC fanboys will take it, as its quite like his usual.  Seemed a bit more primary colour perhaps...

Not sure of the origins of Solomon, but I did think that there was a relationship.

I think that each of the mini series are supposed to stand on their own, but gain more if read as part of the whole, if you know what I mean...

Looking at the previews in the back of the issue of Klarion, there are hints that at least 2 of the series start to overlap in some way next month.

Dan

Art

IIRC Solomon Grnudy was some kind of super-zombie that rose out of Slaughter Swamp.

Art