Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

Housebound – A quite funny and nonsense New Zealand comedy horror about a girl under house arrest at her mothers possibly haunted house.

Honeymoon – Meh! Not scary and pretty much goes nowhere. Features "You know nuffink John Snow" girl and Frankenstein from Penny Dreadful.

Unfriended – Interesting attempt to do a full film as if viewed via the web. Imagine the Ring via a laptop and your pretty much there. Pure gash! After watching your mates die via webcam I would have thought at least one person would attempt to log out, close laptop and leave house. Doesn't even deserve a shit pun its that bad.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Satanist on 19 August, 2015, 01:42:59 PM
Housebound – A quite funny and nonsense New Zealand comedy horror about a girl under house arrest at her mothers possibly haunted house.

Honeymoon – Meh! Not scary and pretty much goes nowhere. Features "You know nuffink John Snow" girl and Frankenstein from Penny Dreadful.

Unfriended – Interesting attempt to do a full film as if viewed via the web. Imagine the Ring via a laptop and your pretty much there. Pure gash! After watching your mates die via webcam I would have thought at least one person would attempt to log out, close laptop and leave house. Doesn't even deserve a shit pun its that bad.

Are you under house arrest/tagged again?
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Self imposed shut in when I have a weekend to myself. Play lots of video games and watch crap. I like a bit of me time when I can get it.  :)

ThryllSeekyr

You know the film I hinted at somewhere else. The one with all these CG - Elves, Fairies, Gnomes and evil Cockroach and was credited to George Lucas. Proof he has taken a step more Disney.

It started out as a very interesting computer generated film that looked even more true to life in some places than most films made this way and very colourful. Perhaps too sugary, but I guess that's where that sort stuff belongs. Reminded me of the over-sugariness of the teaser for the new Bards Tale I just backed weeks earlier.  Something I hope they tone down in and replace with some more typical of one of those town set in early northern Scotland. Something that looks interesting with out making it too family and kids orientainted.

Anyway, this film is peered with music that I thought was only stuff that my parent and myself listened too when I was growing up in the early seventies.  I swear my parents once brought a vinyl record (Remember th
ose!) with the first two songs on it!) the rest of the soundtrack is more contempory and some what messed up and only adds to my derision.

I only watched this once, (Yes, it's one of those Box-Office rentables that can be watched all day until 5 next morning!) and took most of it in in this one sitting. Don't watch this film, unless you have young kiddies
. Because that's the target audience. Avoid if your a sad lonely person like myself. The story unfolds and truly vomit worthy manner that only embarrassed me in, but not for long.

Keef Monkey

I still have no idea what film you're talking about!

Satanist

Its called Strange Magic and looks utter garbage.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Satanist on 19 August, 2015, 01:42:59 PM

I absolutely loved Housebound.

Satanist

I really liked the security guard/exorcist  :lol:

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Satanist on 21 August, 2015, 09:51:37 AM
Its called Strange Magic and looks utter garbage.
It IS utter garbage by the sounds of it. Turgid nonsense.

Buttonman

American football semi-true story starring JC himself Jim Caviezel : When the Game Stands Tall

Dandontdare

this has been going on so long I can't remember - was there a reason for choosing the letter W?

Buttonman

Arbitrary apart from Watson and all those When, Where, Why, What films - and Women and Werewolves.

Dandontdare

It does certainly allow for a wide range of titles. X would have been a much shorter project.  :D

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Satanist on 21 August, 2015, 10:58:35 AM
I really liked the security guard/exorcist  :lol:

"You can't punch ectoplasm."

Magnetica

Watched Thor the Dark World last night.

Not being a Marvel reader I hadn't realised Guardians of the Galaxy was part of the Avengers world until I saw the Collector turn up in the scene at the end. Not quite sure how that works. With Iron Man, Captain America and Thor it is clear but not with Guardians of the Galaxy. Can anyone one enlighten me?