Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid Round 2 - Mike McMahon or Arthur Ranson

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 January, 2021, 06:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

You want it tough I'll give you tough. BOOM!

Look into my eyes. Look deep into my eyes. As you decide who your favourite you will forget McMahon's Sonic The Comic work - however good it is. You will not remember Arthur Ranson did wonderful work on Dangermouse. When you wake you will think only of their work for Tharg. Three, two, one SNAP. You are back in the room and may now vote...

Alas we have to pick our favourite and to do so just pop the name of the art droid you'd most like to go through to the Quarter Finals, but please add anything else you'd like to say as well.

Mick McMahon - more info

OR

Arthur Ranson more info

This one will close and be counted on the morning of Saturday 16th January

What the hell is all this? Current state of play Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys and Round 2

Who made the 32 in both tourneys?

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Rogue Judge

Mick McMahon. Based more on his earlier Dredd work.

But I do really like Button Man! Ugh tough one.

Magnetica

abelardsnazz

Arthur Ranson, because of Anderson, Button Man and Mazeworld.

AlexF

Tomwe

Really hard. I think, due to the consistency of the strips when put together I'm gonna go for Arthur Ranson. Mick's work was always short bursts of excellence, at least it's published that way. Part of the team.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

rogue69

Sean SD

Link Prime

Jesus, I'm trying here, but I can't stop my fingers from typing Arthur Ranson.

ming

Mick McMahon - 1000% all day and every day.  Arthur Ranson is an incredible talent but Mick is one of the few artists I'll find it very hard to vote against.  We'll end up with some combination of a McMahon-O'Neill-Carlos-off and I'll have to just throw my laptop at the wall and go off in a huff.  Just so you know.

Timothy

I'm with Ming. Ranson is class, but McMahon is a whole other level. He gets my vote every day of the week.

Bolt-01

I -- McMahon.

There. Sweet Jovus Colin, next you'll be asking me to choose between my children...