Main Menu

Which major character is going to die next?

Started by HiEx, 13 September, 2002, 11:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiEx

Just returned from my hols and read prog 1307. I noticed it mentions in the Command Module or whatever it's called these days, that a major character is going to be killed off in the near future.

Anyone care to guess which character it's going to be?

It better not be Dredd. Personally I hope it's Sin/Dex or Dante that's going to get the chop.

HiEx

Oddboy

It better not be Dredd

"Lastly, who's going to hang up his boots first; Wagner or Judge Dredd?

Wagner."

Better set your phaser to stun.

Devons Daddy

what about rogue,
knock him off and finally end his quest,
hes very retro isnt he, got to be worth a fiver on him.
but slaine has my money i think, he has gone as far as he can,time to say goodnight and goodbye to him.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Tu-plang

Didn't Rogue already die sometime?  In a crossover with Friday I think.

Slaine: Hadn't thought of him.  That's pretty good actually.

Oddboy

I did wonder about Sl?ine, but some one pointed out that he was ritually put to death after his seven year reign.

2000AD Online

he did but the actual prog number escapes me i think it was in the 9oos

Tu-plang

He was put to death after his reign as High King of Ireland then in the afterlife he was born again to serve the Earth Goddess.

But wasn't the Secret Commonwealth about him being ressurected and finding all the shit wot went down in his hood and getting the old massive back togevver to stop it?

Wouldn't know myself, I've forgotten every last detail about Secret Commonwealth except the f*cking horrible artwork.

Nice Tom

My money's on one of the following:
1. One of the ABC Warriors, possibly Mongrol.
2. Hershey, unless she's in the movies- Chief Judge is a remarkably dangerous post. No wonder Dredd turned it down.
3. Some other Judge, maybe Rico.
4. Orlok- he's marked down for it anyway.
Or, here's an idea, maybe it's Dredd and they transfer his memories into Rico or something.
Or they could really piss people off by killing off a character who's already died and destroying the continuity- Rogue Trooper springs to mind.

karne

How about Anderson, what with her being in a coma and all.

satchmo

Slippery PD

Well wagner is writing an Anderson story, IIRC.  So she could be a decent candidate.

I think it will beone of SinDex or Dante.  

- yer morbid Slippo

Demon Chicken

I think it should be Dredd, purely because of the aftereffects.  And it would also be interesting to see how many people would stop reading tooth because of it

Nice Tom

Nah, I don't reckon it'll be Anderson. If they were going to kill her off, they could have done it at the end of the Judge Death story. Plus she'll probably be in the second Dredd film if it features Death.
Although Chopper could be a good 'un, he must be well into his thirties by now- hardly a juvenile delinquent any more.

Matt

Don't reckon any of the Dredd characters will die, probably will be one of SinDex. Let's face it the general interest in the strip has radically declined recently.

Oddboy

Or, here's an idea, maybe it's Dredd and they transfer his memories into Rico or something

We've debated this one over & over but...

I read Tomb of the Judges yesterday.  It shows that full body transplants are possible, but because of the low quantity of doner bodies they are only legal if granted by Justice Dept and they only grant them if the subject is "of use to the city".  The last panel shows a judge returning to the street after the operation in his new female body.
It was just a joke, but it sets precedent.