Prog 1435 - Snack Attack

Started by Tiplodocus, 18 April, 2005, 04:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

tri-episodic muff dive
Best.  Phrase.  Ever!

Top 5
Sin/Dex sink to number five with "Hasty Conclusion"
Dante also falls to four with the Morrisey-esque "So All Africans In The Future Are Like Animals (Vote Conservative)"
American Gothic falls one place to number three with "Solid As A Rock"
A storming effort from the VC's sees their "Surprisingly Intriguing" debut at number two.
But nothing can shift Judge Dredd from the top spot with "Is This The Way To Hell Or What-o?"

Can next week's new entry shift Cook & Rennie from the top spot?  Be sure to tune in seven day from now, pop-pickers.

Oddboy

Karyn is just the standard pside-kick, and could easily be Anderson or Janus.

...except that Janus was sh*te, and Anderson has progressed waaay beyond 'standard' - so it's good that Karyn is there to fill that role, IMO.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Funt Solo

Totally quackers.

Alternative Top 5 (without the DJ-isms, which I can't equal):

5 Sinister Dexter
4 Nikolai Dante
3 The VCs
2 Judge Dredd
1 American Gothic

(Once upon a time, Sinister Dexter and Nikolai Dante were the freshest strips in the comic.  Unless the creators actually provide some kind of meaningful arc they're both in danger of going the same way of Rogue Trooper and Ace Trucking Co.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

GermanAndy

Cover: like Sin/Dex rather blah.

Droid Life: Funny. How does he do this time and again?

Dredd: well, not the most imaginative story ever, but the art is great. And the story even had a twist at the end. Who would have thought?

Sin/Dex: yawn.

American Gothic: I like the story, but am two minds about the art. I like the b/w, but sometimes it looks like a little bit too rushed for my taste, which I think is done on purpose.

But the characterdesign of the bandit-leader gave me a good chuckle: George Gilman?s Edge (as in Tony Maseros cover illustrations) anyone? :-)) A pity that he lost his head.

VC: I like this kind of Military-SF per se, but I have a hard time getting into it.

Dante: Okay, not deep in any sense. But it is fun. And I want those feather-boa :-)) I mean, a deadly weapon AND a convenient tit-shield? What can a girl ask more for? lol.

Slippery PD

Cover - Dull....

Droid life - Funny as feck as usual

Dredd - Great art, story OK.  Nice romping dredd action fest

Sin/Dex - Loathesome.  Pure filler that started out interesting adn got less so as it went on.  I think Id have preffered 3 decent future shocks

American Gothic - Not quite grabbed me yet, but a good solid story.

VC's - Surprisingly good.  Abnett pulls something out of the bag with this.  Could be I didnt expect anything from it, so its been pleasantly surprising.

Dante - Im fast loosing interest with Dante.  Since Tsar Wars hes been treading water and its been pretty dull water.   Africans as animals?  hardly original...  also we have loads of plot lines to clear up from Tsar Wars.  Plus the art just doesnt work for me and I like Burns....

Over all an OK prog with one of two highlights.....
Slips

GordonR

'The Beach'.  Dredd story about 4 years ago, J. Wagner & F. Irving, iirc.  A mythical treasure island amongst the city's megaways, just outside the Black Atlantic tunnel.  Full of all the illegal contraband that gets dumped over the side of the road just before the cars go through Mega-City Customs.

A good spin on the book/film of the same name.

Trout

I thought this was a middling prog with lots of middle episodes of things.

There was lots of fighting, but not much else.

I'm still enjoying AG, and the other stuff is continuing to divert me well enough.

The only real disappointment was SinDex, which seemed a flat final episode.

- Trout