Main Menu

past imperfect bloody good.

Started by Devons Daddy, 11 October, 2003, 06:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

now im a country boy at heart, and as such a bit slow. but that past imperfect by gary wilkinson , is
 garywilkinson from this board.

i feel we should acknowledge his second printed script in tooth. well done there sir.
i enjoyed it and felt it was very good. which i noted on the spioler thread before i realised it was by your goodself.

any more to look out for in the coming months?

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

paulvonscott

Yeah well done.  I'm sure almost all of us enjoyed the Cthulhu Tank.  I could have had a whole episode of world war one fought with cthulhu critters really.

longmanshort

Hear, hear!

Certainly a massive step in quality above that sh*te three-parter that appeared a while ago - even someone like meself who nows nowt about Crowley was illuminating. Nice artwork too!

Why Tharg does not request more from the Wilkinson work machine is beyond me!

NB: Of course, I'm not just saying this because the (vastly inferior) artwork I owe him is horrendously late or anything ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Trout

I'm also keen to see Gary provide more stuff for 2000AD.

The two stories he's had printed so far have been pretty successful, and surely it won't be long before he deserves a different type of tryout?

I'm not just saying that because he's been threatening me. Honest.

- Trout

Bolt-01

I was thoroughly pleased to see another strip by Gary. It does the heart proud to know that someone who spends time here spouting drivel is capable of putting a decent story together.

Give 'im a chance at a six parter Tharg. Grennie and Dabnett need the rest!

Rotts  

Richmond Clements

God! The penny hadn't even dropped on me that it was 'our' Gary.
This makes it an even better strip.
It was nice to have one of these tales where a actually did not see the end coming.

Adrian Bamforth

I've no idea what a Cthulhu is but it looked utterly nightmarish, far worse than the big blobby octopus in Watchmen.

ADE

Mudcrab

"past imperfect by gary wilkinson"

See, I mentioned that in the Prog thread! But did anyone listen? No no no, no one listens to me.

Bah!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Trout

Did anyone hear anything then?

Sounded like... a lobster...?

Nah.

- Trout

Mudcrab

No one listens to meeee, Waaaaaaah, woop woop woop woop woop woop!"
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

judge dreddd

before i knew it was garys script i mentioned in the chatroom thing that it wasn't really a past imperfect as no punch line at the end but still a good story

i still feel the same

it WAS good and well worth being put in tooth

perhaps dropping the 'i saw that coming' punch line at the end is good anyway as it can kinda spoil the story

its tooth
its about saying 'that was GOOD'

Woolly

It certainly was a good yarn, and like many others i never made the connection as to who had written it!
My apologies to the talented, creative writing force on that one! Am i the only one who thought it could have been a series? If only Caballistics and Necronauts hadnt got there first!

Bravo,Pip pip, jolly good, chaps away chocs, etc...

starscape

That would have been a great series!  Maybe even resurrect a Battle character as one of the protagonists.

I'm sure Tharg already has it in mind - wouldn't be like the Old Master to miss out on something with this potential.

Chris
www.superherostore.co.uk

Link: Superherostore & Starscape

Woolly