Main Menu

Hail To The King

Started by Art, 09 September, 2003, 11:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

In 1968 Elvis Presley was elected as the 37th president of the United States, a fact that has since been subject to official cover-ups and obfuscations. Now, at last, through careful research, Mike Donaldson and myself are able to tell you the true story behind his presidency and his disappearance in 1974...

Link: http://www.arthurwyatt.co.uk/comics/hail1.html" target="_blank">Hail To The King

http://www.arthurwyatt.co.uk/images/blog/elvis.gif">

Richmond Clements

Nice one Arthur.
Better than most of the past imperfects 2k itself.

Pyroxian

Excellent work sir - Much better than 2K's been able to produce recently...

Steve

CGI_squirrel

Queen Firey-Bou

Thats brilliant & like the man said better'n many a past imperfect.

I am reminded , sitting in A&E waiting room today (as you do ) i glanced thru a hello magazine ( honest it was just sitting there ) & was grossed out to discover that Nicolas Cage ( a hero of mine from fave film 'wild at heart' where he sings elvis ) , has married lisa-marie presley ( who looks just like her dad ). now our nick is a big elvis fan is he not, so he marrys the kings daughter ( many years his junior ) ... is that not creepy? wierd ? or what ?

opaque

Well it's just about the ultimate Elvis collectable isn't it?

Quirkafleeg

That must be an old mag, coz I think they split up soon after. That's after she forced him to sell his comic collection.. "But Lisa honey, my stage name's from a comic character..." "It's them or me!" "OK I've sold them" "All right, i'll be off then"

Truely the evil of women knows no limits

Art

Well, theres something weirder...http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1410000/images/_1413619_jackson_lisa150.jpg">

paulvonscott

"I'm going to absorbe her like an amoeba - shriek!"

Quirkafleeg

Wils

so he marrys the kings daughter ( many years his junior ) ... is that not creepy? wierd ? or what ?

That would be the creepy and wierd age gap between them of (gasp!) 4 whole years, would it? :)

Slippery PD

Must resists.....

"uh oh uh!!!"

Damn Failed.

creepy and wierd age gap between them of (gasp!) 4 whole years.  

Damn I am now officially creepy and weird, again....

Wils

What do you mean "again"? :)

IMO, the thing about age gaps isn't an issue if you go well together as a couple, you have at least a certain level of shared knowledge/memories and the difference in age isn't brought up constantly by one  or both party.

There are, of course, the odd *extreme* exceptions...

The Monarch

Art

Better than most of the past imperfects 2k itself.

Heh. That?s very gratifying to hear, though I'm not entirely sure its true. Not only have there been some damn fine Past Imperfects (Red Menace, in particular, stands out for me) but Hail To The King I more of a fantasy set in a world ruled by the logic of the World Weekly news than a PI.

(Which is not to say that I didn't try passing it off as one, but nothing gets by Tharg. In a way I'm glad he passed on it and Mustard picked it up as it works better as a dense, 2 page strip than it would have as a stretched-out 5 page one)

Still, I'm very happy to have your praise!