Main Menu

Would you like to see a D'Israeli drawn Dredd?

Started by GothicDaylight, 11 September, 2003, 12:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GothicDaylight

I think his gothic tones and evil art would fit any Dredd Strip.... how about you?

paulvonscott

Art

Hmm, despite my love of all things D'Israeli-like I can't say the idea of a D'Israeli D'redd really grabs me.

Darren Stephens

It would have to suit the story. He has a Paul Grist like style and HE"S drawn one, so why not?
Darren
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Mangamax

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

paulvonscott

Yeah, the thing is, a Dredd story isn't always one particular type of story.  You can have allsorts of tales, and always, it's a case of the right artist with the right story.

or Summit.

CGI_squirrel

If that's the guy who did Leviathan then, no. I don't think the style would suit Dredd. I really don't.

Smiley

Might work, might not. A one-off wouldn't hurt, so yeah.

CGI_squirrel

I'm sure that a one-off would be okay then...

Pyroxian

Maybe something set in the Undercity?

Steve

eggonlegs

go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on, let him!!!!!!!!

DavidXBrunt

D'Israeli? D'redd? D'o it now, Tharg!

Oh, and get Gordon to write a Dredd script for Roger Langridge to illustrate whilst your at it.

Will I. Cooling

To my mind he should have done the Satanist.

Oh and its gotta be b/w.

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

JTurner

He's a great artist and a really nice bloke, but I don't think his style would suit just any Dredd. It'd have to be a pretty wierd story with disturbing undertones for his art to feel part of it.

On the subject, I don't really want any more b/w D'Israeli art. It's good, but I'd have loved to have seen XTNCT in colour.

Dudley

Can't see it - would like to see him kept off the ones created by other artists.  He's very good for new series.