Main Menu

Oddest person you've seen buying 2000AD?

Started by Christov, 27 October, 2009, 07:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christov

Around a month ago, while hanging around Forbidden Planet like the time wasting lout I am, I saw a Police officer walk in and make his way over to a stack of trade paperbacks. Being a bit of a nosey parker, I watched him from afar only to see him pick up Judge Dredd: Complete Case Files (I forget which volume), pay for it, and then leave.

Now, my first thought was of mild delight. It was rather nice to see a real lawman being a fan of a fictional one, but then I paused for a moment, and made a small 'ooo-err' sound as I pondered the possibility of this guy having a similar approach to criminality as Dredd. Such an approach being 'no tolerance on any crimes ever, creep!'.

Anyway, have you ever seen anybody buying 2000AD, or anything AD related, that looks like it wouldn't normally be their cup of tea?

SmallBlueThing

For large portions of the nineteen nineties I often saw myself buying 2000AD and thought "what the hell is he doing that for?"- then everything got peachy again.

Other than that- no. Each week my local WHS gets about ten copies and every week sells about eight of them, yet I can't recall ever seeing anyone buy it.

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

The oddest ones I see are the ones who stand there for ages reading the prog and then putting it back on the shelf, the drokkers!

"Bag the prog Tharg", that's what I say!

Mikey

I've never seen anyone buying 2000ad or any trades...or overheard anyone even talking about it.

Go figure.

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

Christov

uncle fester

The guy I saw reading it in FP the other day - wearing a suit and surgical gloves. What's that about?

HdE

I can't get over that first post - a police officer buying a Judge Dredd Case Files collection?

Awesome on so many levels! I have friends in the Constabulary. Maybe I need to request that they follow this fine officer's example...
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

JOE SOAP

Quote from: uncle fester on 27 October, 2009, 08:09:52 PM
The guy I saw reading it in FP the other day - wearing a suit and surgical gloves. What's that about?

Patrick Bateman.

amberkraken

My experience with cops suggests they read Dredd and go "huh? this guy's sooo liberal!"

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Alski

Quote from: uncle fester on 27 October, 2009, 08:09:52 PM

Obviously wary of Thrill Power overload.

We could learn a lesson from him.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Emperor

The amusing thing is that the "oddest" in the title actually refers to the most normal/mainstream people you've seen buying it. If the general public was asked that question they'd probably point to at least half the people on this thread.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Kerrin

How DARE you sir! The good people of this board are the very paradigm of normality.

Clip-clop.