Main Menu

So why haven't we got an animated 2000AD webseries?

Started by Christov, 28 October, 2009, 10:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christov

It's all the rage these days apparently, can't turn a corner on these here interwebs without seeing an 'animated this' or 'animated that'.

Marvel have been fiddling around with the 'animated comic' thing for awhile now, even games and movies occasionally get little prequels in a similar format, so I'm thinking 'Why have we not got something like this for 2000AD?'.

Or, do we and we just don't know it yet?

COMMANDO FORCES

Mike Gloady

That ABC animation is a trailer for an upcoming TV show featuring the ABCs and two (i think) other strips to be confirmed (but not Dredd who is ring-fenced for the movie).  It's very cool, but i think it'll be a good while before we see anything else of consequence.

Hopefully a station that most of us can see (i.e. freeview) will pick it up.  I also assume that, if it's a success, there'll be more to come.  Can't wait.  And if Rebellion don't release a multi-player videogame to coincide with the release they'll be missing a trick....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Christov

Oh!

Well in that case consider myself corrected.

Very much looking forward to ABC wherever it may land.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Christov on 28 October, 2009, 11:25:15 AM
Oh!

Well in that case consider myself corrected.

Very much looking forward to ABC wherever it may land.

Not corrected Christov, we just pointed you in the right direction.

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Christov

Then I shall now consider myself pointed in the correct direction.

Also, I've found an absolute gem on youtube that you all may want to see (if you haven't already):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cheg-rT4LQM