Main Menu

The Official 'What The Blazes Are We Going To Do?' Thread.

Started by Christov, 02 November, 2009, 12:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christov

Pertaining to the 2000AD Board Advent Calendar thread of course.

While the previous thread will eventually get cluttered with people putting their names on the list and the inevitable status updates of the whole project, I thought we could have a shiny new thread to mull over our creative options in a nice and organised way.

What I intend to do for my bit is this;

A nice little story/poem (regardless of which you define it as, there shall still be rhyming couplets within it) in the style of Clement Clarke Moore's 'Twas The Night Before Christmas' about Mega-City 1's favourite, or rather, most effective lawman, Judge Dredd.

The tentative title for the moment is 'The Creep Who Stole Christmas', so I think you can all assume what goes on within it. Rest assured, by the end of it, Dredd will have learned the true meaning of Christmas, or some soppy fluff like that anyway.

Now, there are three ways I can go with this I can either:

A.) Write it up, leave it as is and keep it as a prose piece.
B.) Team up with an arty person to turn it into a comic of sorts.
C.) Team up with an arty person, find somebody willing to narrate the tale (I could do it myself if it came down to it, but my voice lacks the sage-like qualities usually heard with readings of traditional Christmas tales), and turn the whole thing into a short film of sorts. 

But I digress, anybody else have plans bubbling away in their heads?

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Christov

Alski

I'm a pretty good poet myself - how about a comp to select a poem? You could set the title and style as "The Creep Who Stole Christmas" because that's a good idea.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

COMMANDO FORCES

Lets just say that I'm waiting on my helmet to arrive from Wake to sort my Christmas photo out. Come on Wake, sort it out!

Colin YNWA

Isn't this a bit like pecking behind the flaps (uh er) before the day arrives?

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Mike Gloady

Pecking behind the flaps?  Sounds fun.  Let's do THAT.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Christov

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 02 November, 2009, 10:05:52 AM
Isn't this a bit like pecking behind the flaps (uh er) before the day arrives?

Hrm. You have a point.

Still, couldn't hurt for folks to organise things a bit without going into too much detail.

Quote from: emceehamster on 02 November, 2009, 09:16:03 AM
I'm a pretty good poet myself - how about a comp to select a poem? You could set the title and style as "The Creep Who Stole Christmas" because that's a good idea.

Good idea.