Main Menu

Artist wanted to fulfil the needs of a mentalist

Started by Christov, 26 February, 2010, 12:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christov

Now, I'm sure most of you know I like to sling my writing services about like some literary mercenary, but this time I'm asking for some assistance.

I have an idea. An idea I'd like to see as a comic. Not published of course, just something to put up here for people to enjoy. So, no payment, minimal glory, but you'll gain the satisfaction of knowing you've made an idiot in the Midlands a happy man.

Now, as for the actual idea. I'm going to be intentionally vague here for the purpose of keeping the punchline of this semi gag comic under wraps, but I'll provide more details in a private message if you're interested.

The basic idea is simple, I'm taking an almost parodical (not a real word, so sue me) take on the overly vulgar, violent, and sweary comics a certain Mr. Garth Ennis has been known to do. Consider it a loving tribute if anything, I wouldn't dare take jabs at the man who brought us Preacher and his fantastic Punisher MAX run.

So yes. That is what I'm proposing. Any takers?

James

When I read this thred title I thought it was gonna be a pisstake of the Mark Millar thing!

Sorry.

Professor Bear

Might still turn out like that - I've found some Millar stuff to read like an Ennis parody.  What makes it truly hilarious is that it's clearly not supposed to be.

Obviously I can't speak for all artists and wouldn't presume to, but if it's a short strip you'll possibly have a better chance of getting someone to help out.

Christov

The Millar/Ennis comment is so utterly true. The man cannot use the word 'cunt' effectively at all.

I suppose I should elaborate a bit further.

The comic will be at the least 3 pages long, and 5 at the very most. I just want enough done to get the gag across. If people like it, then I'd certainly be up for making a few more of the same length if the artist was interested too.

So yeah, PM me if you're interested and I can toss some more ideas your way.

Jared Katooie

5 pages sounds reasonable. Even I managed to get my 5 pager illustrated!

Thanks again Bolt!

Mike Gloady

Good luck with that, Christov. 

Agreed about Millar's use of the C word.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Christov

Seems I'll have to give this thread a kicking from time to time to keep it from sinking too far down the page. Oh well.

Remember folks, PM me if you're interested.

Christov

Every time I see this thread sink I die a little inside, you guys know that, right?

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Jared Katooie

Yes! Let Christov's torment continue - forever!!

BWAHAHAHAHAAA!

locustsofdeath!

Dog Deever

Don't take it personally- I think most of the small press artists are a bit busy on projects at the moment. Give it a bit of time and you never know.
As a fellow fan of Ennis' particular brand of comic violence I wouldn't mind having a go...
...but I can't just now as I'm committed to too many other things at the moment. I'll probably be tied up into next year.
Sounds good and it's a pity I'm not in a position to help- but a fella has to sleep sometime.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Ryan Thomason

locustsofdeath!

Spaceghost

I was just going to say I'd have a go. PM me if you still want to collaborate on something.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...