Main Menu

Adrene + Thrills in Afghanistan...

Started by locustsofdeath!, 21 January, 2011, 12:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

Right, right not those kinds of thrills, but thrills some might say (not me, mind, but some might say so...) are better than thrills.

As some of you may know, I've been sending books, comics and magazines to the soldiers in Afghanistan where my wife Adrene is currently deployed. Having exhausted all the extras I've accumulated over the years, I posted on the forum for help - and help indeed arrived; Kerrin sent a HUGE box of old progs, smallbluething pitched in with a box of superhero comics, Worldshown sent several nice Dredd GNs and a stack of Star Wars comics and Professor Byah answered the call with a package bursting with GNs. Thanks guys. I've written a missive to Thargy petitioning you guys for his highest honor (I won't name it here because I don't want to jinx it, but you all know what I'm talking about).

As promised - and so you know I'm not collecting your donations for myself - here are a few pics of Adrene and her friend Gabrielle enjoying said progs. Whilst Gabrielle has now become addicted to the thrills and grabbed up as many as she could carry, Adrene only begrudgingly admitted that they're "better than she thought they would be" after reading them out of boredom. The girls out there seem to enjoy the progs most, so maybe there's hope for you lads!

Here's Adrene:

Edit: whoops they've come out awfully small. How can I resize them so they're larger and you can actually see them?

locustsofdeath!

Okay, this is the best I can do for now. Here's Adrene (and a few of those progs):

locustsofdeath!

locustsofdeath!

I'll post more when I figure out what I'm doing wrong as far as sizing them goes (I am incredibly computer stoopid).

Proudhuff

Size doesn't count!   :-[
well done all you chaps, carry on as you were.
DDT did a job on me

Colin MacNeil

Give that Locust an extra portion of bully beef. Well done!

Van Dom

Really great idea and great gesture by all involved.
Fab!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Dunk!

Thrillpower and humour in a place that no-one would wish to be at the mo.

Brilliant stuff, LOD. You've cheered me up no end.
"Trust we"

locustsofdeath!

Cheers guys!

I've got a couple more here - and she's started giving out progs to the Afghan children so I'll post pics of that when she send them to me. I'll forward all your well-wishes to her!

uncle fester

Great stuff. Well done to everyone involved.

Colin Zeal

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 21 January, 2011, 01:18:43 PM
And here's Gabrielle:

Is that facial expression saying "Not another Michael Fleischer script!"

Well done to all involved though and I hope everyone out there comes home safely.

Greg M.

Your good lady is reading Fervent and Lobe. A fine choice!

Kerrin

Ha! Cool!

And handing the progs out to Afghan kids even cooler.

COMMANDO FORCES

Great stuff Locusts and all who helped but I have to put the record straight, the lady on the right is not my wife. That name tag is a lie  ;)

Zarjazzer

this is a great thing. Well done to locust and his missus and lady chums and the tip top boarders who donated stuff. (I didn't send any alas being too lazy :-[)

Truly thrill factor overload.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.