The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Started by Goaty, 21 April, 2011, 10:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

JOE SOAP

Quote from: pops1983 on 27 June, 2011, 08:23:37 PM

and that:

[spoiler]
"Batman is on board a plane that is hurtling to the ground. The script says he takes control of it and lands it on the road while it's on fire."
[/spoiler]

In isolation the scene sounds a bit pants, I think some of the flattest aspects of Nolan's Bat-films are the big 'stunt' scenes, but who knows? What's wrong with small well-done action scenes that mean something anymore?

IAMTHESYSTEM

The A9 Road is one of Scotlands deadliest roads. I'm not sure landing a Hercules sized plane on it will down size  the body count any.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Definitely Not Mister Pops

The real issue here is that Nolan completely misses the point of Batman. Where's all the onomatopoeia flashing up in brightly coloured letters? This scene will fail unless I see  KER-RASSH spelled out. Any variant spelling will see this film flopping at the box office. And the wheels need to be fatter.
You may quote me on that.

Tiplodocus

I've enjoyed the action bits in the Batman films so far. 

You can work out what's going on, they have little elements of story telling in them (or character) and often include something quite spectacular and unusual to look at (18 wheeler going end over end, bat cycle, bat mobile being a tank, batman as a ruthless predator coming from the dark). 

But I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to tell me why I shouldn't be enjoying them. 

And I'll probably go "Yeah, fair point." 
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Christov

Rises was basically going to be a far more balls to the wall film than the previous ones anyway, not surprised they're going mental on the stunts.

Goaty

Here the new poster!!! wow! It features a view of Gotham City, with the camera pointing upward at several skyscrapers as they appear to be collapsing but giving the undeniable shape of a bat. Looks like it going to be grim film, very inception style poster?

Richmond Clements

Robin Low

Also kind of interesting because the bat appears to be falling, rather than rising, and pulling the buildings down with it.

Regards

Robin

dracula1

Fantastic Pre-Film promo' and thougthful poster design for Dark Knight Rising.  I wonder if the 'DREDD' PR team will be inspired to release something of this quality soon?

the shutdown man

Very cool poster. Rumour is the first teaser trailer will be out later this week too with Harry Potter. Well, in the States anyway, but if so, it should be online soon after.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Christov

dracula1

A pity we haven't got a similar snap like this to prove the recent 'Dredd' teaser poster as being authentic.

SMOKESCREEN:ED:9

I will watch this...and I will supp on it's batty juices.

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!