Main Menu

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 3D

Started by Goaty, 14 October, 2011, 11:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

I think it was the enigma behind the character of Boba Fett that was the attraction. Such a brilliant visage with minimal screen time. Probably why they introduced Jango Fett because of the underuse of Boba.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

SmallBlueThing

Not being overly keen on phantom menace (still better than jedi though), i had no great impetus to see this. However, both my boys practically begged me to promise to take them, i guess i will.

Clones and Sith though- love them, and will be there for the 3D no matter what.

SBT

Mudcrab

Quote from: vzzbux on 26 October, 2011, 01:38:15 PM
I think it was the enigma behind the character of Boba Fett that was the attraction. Such a brilliant visage with minimal screen time. Probably why they introduced Jango Fett because of the underuse of Boba.

V

That seems fair. Heh, there's me mentioning the comics too, forgot I had the Wagner/Ezquerra/Gibson one  :D
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mardroid

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 26 October, 2011, 02:15:28 PM
Clones and Sith though- love them, and will be there for the 3D no matter what.

I'm very fond of those too, although the acting in all the prequels makes me wince.  I particularly liked the Obi-wan detective thread in Clones. You get to see what the Jedi actually did (apart from fight) and there was some great action and storyline too. I think Clones is underrated. (Sith, too, although their were pacing issues in that one.) It's a shame the Anakin/Amidala thead took things down... but I didn't dislike that as much as most people. It think it's as much about having a boylike dislike of soppy stuff than anything.

In fact, I generally prefer the stories of the prequels to the originals. Controversial I know, but I'll admit there were things the originals still did better. The acting and dialogue in the originals was better for one thing, although it was cheesy in places. It still think the main problem with the prequels was having modern actors acting in a 20s (or was it 30s) style (not to knock films of the actual period) but I can't say that for certain. (The actors are great in other things, after all.) The script certainly didn't help their delivery.

Back on topic, I'm not fussed to see these in 3D. As someone who hasn't seen much 3d (and none of the new cinematic 3D that doesn't involve different coloured lenses) I would like the experience, but I'd prefer to  take in a film that I haven't seen before. I won't say never though.

I know it's early days yet, but if any of you Southers want to meet up for the Dredd film, I'll be up for that. But that's a whole other thread...

Mardroid

Quote from: Mardroid on 26 October, 2011, 06:10:03 PM
their were pacing issues
Ugh, time-out. That should be:

"there were pacing issues".

I'm irritated when I see those two (three including 'they're') mixed up, but it's worrying how often I do that myself. I know when each should be used, but it's amazing how often my hands move faster than my mind.

auxlen

i love the trailer when it says "the excitement". did i miss something? everything i see a prequel or a clone wars cartoon i spend hours daydreaming of what it could have been.

brendan1

I can't wait to see some aliens with asian accents discuss interplanetary trade agreements in glorious 3D

vzzbux

This is the official poster.
Accidentallly deleted the full photo but this will have to do.

V
Drokking since 1972

JOE SOAP

vzzbux

I know. Very disapointing.
The woman at the stall said she had some ridiculous money offers for the poster but it had to go back with her.

V
Drokking since 1972

von Boom

Disappointing is a fitting theme for this poster.

JvB

Graham Pearce

I encourage eveyone to watch these video reviews of prequels

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

I am a fan of the prequels but I have to agree with most of the "Mr Plinkett" has to say!
Twitter: @mrgrahampearce
www.sgtmikebattle.co.uk

mogzilla

im surprised no one has done a !NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mangamax

Its never ending - bad enough we're getting that, "Lion King" had folk demanding their money back because "that 3D was crap - there was nuffink comin' at'cha", but now we've had a 3D trailer for "Titanic" arrive...
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!