Main Menu

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 3D

Started by Goaty, 14 October, 2011, 11:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

The point that Anakin isn't on the poster smacks of fandom. Qui-Gon is integral to the film and also doesn't appear. The cast list is choppy at best and you can see the cloning and Deleting on the 'See it on the big screen' slogan.
I await the offical poster.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

JOE SOAP

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

DrJomster

This thread is FAR more entertaining than the film! Good work all!  :D
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Christov

The sooner Lucas dies, the better.

I have never felt that way about a human being, and certainly not over something as trivial as a film franchise, but fucking hell somebody just put him in the ground before he makes it any worse.

Mardroid

Um. I'd just settle for another director he respects whispering loudly in his ear "ENOUGH GEORGE! LET THEM BE!"

And if he were to create more films/series, decent editors and hopefully another director. He oversees the Clone Wars cartoons too, and they've turned out rather well with all that other creative input.

Modern Panther

It has some added scenes too, but they're just of Lucas laughing as he rolls around in a big pile of money...

CGI Money.

vzzbux

There was a rumour that the 3D movies were going to be the 7,8 and 9 in the story, but alas they were just rumours.

V
Drokking since 1972

Hawkmumbler

no fucking thank you. I'll sit it out for the original trilogy thank you.

Goaty

I, Cosh

There's as much chance of me not seeing this as there is of me shitting ice cream.

I'm not proud of it but it's true.
We never really die.

Kev Levell

I swerve wildly from apathetic to angry and back again via disinterest whenever I think about the prequels and re-releases.

The prequels were dire, for me there was one new character I liked. I thought Darth Maul was ace, still like him now. Every time I see that awful CG'd bit [spoiler]where his body and legs come away from each other[/spoiler] I cringe, knowing that there's [spoiler]no hope he'll return[/spoiler]. For a while, between I & II I hoped that the Clone Wars were a war with an army of Mauls that the Emperor had engineered. I'm not suggesting that would have been good, but I'd rather that than what they did to poor Boba.

In short <bravado>I'm not giving that bearded idiot any more of my money for things I already own.</bravado> Unfortunately, unless everyone does stop encouraging him, he'll continue to faff until he carks it. Eventually the film we all knew and loved will look like a bad remake of Willow.

Teivion

He needs to edit Ep 1,2 and 3 down to one movie. Id see that.
Otherwise, sorry George, but no.

Thanks for Boba Fett , though.

Tiplodocus

Well Phantom Menace is my favourite of the prequels (no, really) and I like 3D so I may go see this. 

Saw the trailer in the cinema at 3 Musketeers and it didn't actually look that impressive though.

I never thought there'd be a day when I didn't immediately rush out and buy/see a new version of a Star Wars film but I won't be picking up the Blu Rays until they hit bargain bin prices and I'm still not decided on this. 

I dunno if that's me being older and having less money/time for me and me alone or whether it's just the cumlative effects of Attack of Clones being crap, Revenge of Sith being even worse and the endless tinkering.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mudcrab

Quote from: Teivion on 26 October, 2011, 12:07:25 PM
He needs to edit Ep 1,2 and 3 down to one movie. Id see that.
Otherwise, sorry George, but no.

Thanks for Boba Fett , though.

You know, I really have never understood what the big deal is with Boba Fett. I mean, sure he has a cool helmet and a jetpack, but really, what does he actually do in the films? Fuck all, that's what. He stands in the reception area of a Star Destroyer, he stands in Jabba's palace reception area, then he falls and gets eaten by the thing. Is it because of comic stuff? The toys? His ironing ship?

As for the entire 3D thing, don't get me started  :D
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!