Main Menu

SPACE HULK

Started by Emp, 05 October, 2013, 01:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emp

If you're a fan of GW's Warhammer 40K then you'll have this. For everyone else there's this.

From the get go I have always liked 40K games..Final Liberation, Space Crusade, 4ok Space Marine etc etc, and this doesn't disappoint.
For those unfamiliar with the 40k universe, you are in command of a terminator squad of marines ordered to secure a derelict ship...a space hulk, which has been over run by genestealers..(basically Aliens). The Genestealers have ferocious hand to hand abilities and can move through the ship a lot faster than you power armoured terminators. You on the other hand have troops armed with firearms, flame throwers and assault cannons.

Your weapons breakdown with alarming regularity and so you need to spend action points wisely, allowing you to set up overwatch (basically anything that comes in line of sight gets shot at) and leave points to clear jams.

It's a very atmospheric game and the screen in screen feedback from whatever terminator you are controlling is a nice touch.
I have read several reviews that claim the play time of the game is very short....they claim 12 hours, but that's seems to me if you do ever mission first time out, with no mistakes.

Overall...it's a good turn based game but with limitations and playability, I have just played 3 missions back to back and I,m done....but i will be back tomorrow!

ThryllSeekyr

I had original version of this computer game, from the early nineties I think and also remember playing the table-top minatures version ( Along with Blood-Bowl) with my friends on weekends.

I'm now wondering if you can get latest version on Steam.

ThryllSeekyr

Downloading from Steam-Store right now.

It does sound a bit like X-Com - Enemy Unknown's gameplay.

Another game I'm addicted to.....

DrJomster

I'm really hoping 40K comes to ios after the success of Warhammer Quest. That would be brilliant!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

radiator

It's unlikely now that THQ have gone under, but I'm still holding out hope for a sequel to Space Marine... Seem to be in a minority, but I thought it was bloody excellent, and there's sooooooo much scope for sequels - I want to fight Tyranids, Eldar etc! :'(

bluemeanie

Yeah... but... £22??

Just had a look and while it looks good the fact I still have X-Com unfinished is holding me back

ThryllSeekyr

I was a little disappointed with this one.

Although looked good in the game trailer that graphic s in the game play don't look so good.

As Marines will appear to stick their arms thought the sides of the wall as they move and then the Gene-Stealer death scenes all look the same and pretty crumby at that.

What I do like, is the is they show you the POV camera videos taken from each Marine's power suit.

These look very realistically done.

Although I would wait for the price to go really low on this game before downloading it.

It's only a Indie game and only should be worth $5.00.