Main Menu

The Dream Warriors

Started by richerthanyou, 04 March, 2016, 07:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

As for me, I found myself working as an extra last night for a revamped Mad Max. Was saddened to see that the new actor was some young type with Sideshow Bob hair, a tennis headband and Thai fisherman trousers, and he sneered at my attempts at the Australian accent I attempted during filming.

All in all, I had a better experience in the non-dream world as an extra in a post-apocalyptic show (Into the Badlands, which I've never seen but cast me as a badass with face paint, red-streaked hair, armour and a sword).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

We should start our own dream comic, Jayzus, a sort of Leinster version of Rare Bit Fiends - Coddle Creatures, maybe!  Although obviously you'll have to do all the art. And probably all the writing.  I'll "edit" - we all know that's where the real magic happens.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 May, 2020, 03:46:59 PM
We should start our own dream comic, Jayzus, a sort of Leinster version of Rare Bit Fiends - Coddle Creatures, maybe!  Although obviously you'll have to do all the art. And probably all the writing.  I'll "edit" - we all know that's where the real magic happens.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is eerily reminiscent of so many requests I used to get at the beginning of my painting career. 'I'm giving you the opportunity to do the art for my new book / cafe / shop / idea for a painting that will DEFINITELY be in the National Gallery (yes, really)'.

Money was never mentioned, as, of course, I would soon be buoyed aloft by the inevitable fame and fortune of the benefactor in question. I agreed to ask of them back then, of course, then procrastinated till the idea was thankfully forgotten.

Tl;dr: Yeah, I'm in.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

M.I.K.

This morning I dreamt I was watching an advertisement from the 1980s for an expensive afftershave named after a character from a popular British soap opera of the time. The actor who played the part appeared within the advert, being fawned over by a sophisticated 1980s lady. I've now recreated the last frame of the dream advert pretty accurately. It looked like this...

TordelBack

Wetting myself laughing here!   :lol:

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I think I may have just literally pissed myself. Oh dear. And one day before my 50th too. That's not good.

Someone needs to make some of that.

SBT

Dandontdare

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 21 June, 2020, 09:47:21 PM
I think I may have just literally pissed myself. Oh dear. And one day before my 50th too. That's not good.

SBT

Quick, reach for a slug  :lol:

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Quote from: Dandontdare on 21 June, 2020, 11:23:38 PM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 21 June, 2020, 09:47:21 PM

SBT

Quick, reach for a slug  :lol:

You accidentally wipe your arse with a slug ONE TIME...

SBT

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: M.I.K. on 21 June, 2020, 07:14:05 PM
This morning I dreamt I was watching an advertisement from the 1980s for an expensive afftershave named after a character from a popular British soap opera of the time. The actor who played the part appeared within the advert, being fawned over by a sophisticated 1980s lady. I've now recreated the last frame of the dream advert pretty accurately. It looked like this...

Close the thread, mods. Nobody will ever top this.

The Legendary Shark

Here's a weird one.

I was in a shop arguing with a hairy policeman about masks when there was a comedic crash, with breaking glass, spinning bin lids and everything. We looked around and espied Buddha sprawled amidst the wreckage of a display of crisps and pop. He looked like Keanu Reeves and sounded like Tom Baker.

Buddha disentangled himself, apologising in a grandiose fashion, moving in an awkward way that upset more and more shelves, and tried to exit the shop. Every step of the way caused him to trip or collide with something, leaving a trail of chaos in his wake. He finally got to the door but banged his head on it and had to pause for a moment, stunned.

"I never expected the Buddha to be so clumsy," I said.

He looked at me with eyes filled with galaxies, rubbing the new lump on his forehead, and said to me, "spatial awareness isn't easy when you're at one with everything."

And through the shop window I could see that every person, every animal, every plant, every microbe, every molecule, every atom, every electron, every planet, star and galaxy, the whole universe, in fact, was laughing.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rately

Quote from: M.I.K. on 21 June, 2020, 07:14:05 PM

I want it for Christmas. Smells of woollen cap.

JayzusB.Christ

I dreamed last night that Chris on the next boat to mine, as well as his partner and their wee 'un, had all been killed and hacked to bits by some chavvy types (sorry, my subconscious seems to be more prejudiced than I am).  It was very, very realistic and I think it was brought about by a mix of steak, beer, the lockdown atmosphere and the dead mouse I'd found in the kitchen (see the Life's Sometimes OK thread for details).

Anyway I was extremely relieved to wake up.  Not cool, brain.

Mardroid

I remember having nightmares as a kid, where I was sometimes afraid to go to sleep. As an adult my dreams mostly seem to be so vague and nonsensical. Or if they're not, I hardly ever remember them, so they might as well be. I have a vague sense their mostly like random thoughts or mind-films. I'd actually like a nice more realistic dream.

I have had reoccurring instances of hearing my dad's voice calling my name. A couple of weeks back it shouted loudly in my ear and startled me awake. We do live together, but he didn't call me. (The ear in which I heard his voice was pressed against the pillow.)

Another rather curious instance was earlier this year. (Or was it last year? With coronavirus and furlough etc, the months are blurring a bit). We had heavy winds outside. I usually have my window open a bit, even when it's cold as one of our bright-spark predecessors cemented up the ventilation brick, presumably to keep out the cold so the moaning of the wind was particularly noisy. As it rose, I heard my dad's  voice speak to me. This time he didn't call or shout. He just spoke matter of fact "Do you know you're very ill?"

I just knew it wasn't my dad as a) it's not the sort of thing he'd do and b) he was fast asleep in his room down the hall.

Then the wind rose again, but this time I heard a different voice. The sound of a child giggling. Brrrrr.

I then awoke. The wind was still moaning outside, so that was for real, and I realised I'd heard it in my dreams. I think my sleep hadn't been that deep, which explains the more realistic hallucinogenic quality of the dream, I guess. The mention of illness in my dream is probably from a mild worry I've had for a while. Nothing serious, I think, just minor (but ongoing) belly issues and feeling a bit run down sometimes and the onset of middle-age.  I'm guessing the thoughts of this infected my dream. I'm overdue a doctor's appointment which I keep putting off, so maybe I should consider that a wake-up call.

The child giggling... well creepy children are a horror staple, aren't they?

Okay I guess that was an interesting realistic dream of a kind, but they're rare and far between.

JayzusB.Christ

Well, that made me shudder good and proper.

JayzusB.Christ

Last night's one was a proper depress-fest.  I wasn't really in it; but I was seeing what became of the now-adult actors (or was it characters?) who used to be on Grange Hill.  None of them were actual characters - my brain just made them up.

One of them was known jocularly as 'Dishcloth Brenda', because people saw her as a comic stereotyped old-fashioned Mrs Mop type.  In reality she was trapped in an abusive marriage where her husband constantly indulged himself with food and booze while she spent her entire waking life cleaning up after him.  I watched her washing mountains of dishes in a gloomy and dark kitchen, which she'd been doing for hours, with a look of indescribable despair on her face.  Just before I woke up, her husband walked into the kitchen to find Dishcloth Brenda lying dead on the floor, having finally snapped and committed suicide.

I was still depressed about it when I woke up.  My subconscious is directed by Ken Loach.