Main Menu

The Completely Unofficial 2000AD Sketch Competition #3: SIDEKICKS

Started by Jim_Campbell, 25 March, 2021, 08:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR SKETCHES TO THIS THREAD

With Competition #2 out of the way, we roll on inexorably to the next challenge! This time it's been selected by the victorious Dark Jimbo.

Thus spake Dark Jimbo:

QuoteSidekicks! They're the last word in loyalty, but they don't always get as much of the limelight as they deserve. From Wulf and the Gronk to Walter and Maria; from Ro-Jaws to Ukko, Purity Brown to Venus Bluegenes; to Dredd's whole supporting cast of Judges and Dante's Romanov siblings, there should be plenty to choose from! Approach the brief however you want, but let's give a little love to the B-teams!

You have one week to put your thinking caps on, get scribbling if inspiration strikes, but please don't post your entries to this thread.

You can render your entries in the medium of your choice, but please don't spend more than 45 minutes on each sketch.

The thread for posting your masterpieces will be along next Friday, and will stay open for one week (or thereabouts), after which we'll move on to the voting.

There will be not one, but TWO GLITTERING PRIZES for the triumphant Squaxx in this comp. As well as getting to choose the theme for Sketch Comp #4, the winner will receive a randomly selected graphic novel from my Terrifyingly Tall Mountain of Comps™ plus a signed Nick Percival print of Ol' Stoney Face hisself thanks to the generosity of Colin YNWA.

Time to get pondering, and to warm up those pencils/fingers/crayons/styluses!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Oh this is a good one, a very good one... I have an idea that scares me a little, but that's a good thing surely....

Bolt-01

Colin YNWA

JayzusB.Christ

Like it!  Looking forward to seeing what people come up with. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

JayzusB.Christ

Finished my first entry - not too obscure sadly but I did enjoy working with biro.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Yep I got one in the bank this weekend and ideas for two more hopefully over Easter weekend...

Link Prime

JayzusB.Christ

Bolt-01

Lol, now I have the image of the two droids in, is it Thargs Head Revisited? where the one at the back is just chanting "Me and Grant, Me and Grant, Me and Grant."

JayzusB.Christ

Definitely not Tharg's Head Revisited - Mark Millar's writing career wasn't even a twinkle in Gwant's magickal eye back then.  (In fact, I don't think even the bald lad's career had got past some Future Shocks and Ulysses Sweets at that point, but I could be wrong.)
It was, in fact, its spiritual sequel, A Night 2 Remember, in the bit written by Garth Ennis and drawn by Dave Gibbons.