Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Mind of Wolfie Smith vs. XTNCT Rd 3 Heat 41

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 June, 2022, 06:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Wolfie Smith. On the grounds that one episode was so frightening to younger me that I had to keep it hidden under the cushions on the sofa. And also because XTNCT is written by Paul Cornell, and so just makes me angry.

SBT

Funt Solo

You make this narrative, artistic choice - and then you have to live with it. But it's difficult to parse (sometimes), so it kills the immersion.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

moly

broodblik

Was Mind of Wolfie Smith ever collected in any way so far? This is one where I believe the meg floppy should come into play.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

The vowels will remain strong in this post. With just a day to go I have a feeling I will be displeased with this result... mind I do think XTNCT is a fantastic thrill so IF the final result is as I suspect I'll get over it.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well I was wrong, my eye count was completely off and I checked and double checked this wasn't just me wanting to save the vowels BUT no its not and my scan was wrong this one has not gone the way I was expecting and IF push had come to shoove for all my moaning I might have voted... I do love both strips for very different reasons but

MND F WLF SMTH

will be seeing all the letters in your mind in Round 4.

broodblik

I never read Wolfie and there is a lot of love for the strip so I would really like a reprint of this in the meg
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 16 June, 2022, 06:35:36 AM
I never read Wolfie and there is a lot of love for the strip so I would really like a reprint of this in the meg

Well given that the reprint in the Meg this month is from like 20 minutes ago this does seem amazing!

IndigoPrime

Urgh. A leftover from another comic beats one of the most innovative and striking one-offs in the 2000 AD group's relatively modern history.

Colin YNWA

The Mind of Wolfie Smith