Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnystress

TordelBack

Little on the internet has given me as much amusement as that meme, appropriate mockery for such cheap empty posing. It just makes me think of Public Defender 314's internalexternal monologue: (serious voice, deep concern).

Personal favourite is:

Professor Bear

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ZenArcade

Christ on a bike, they say you get the politicians you deserve.....but no-one and I mean no-one deserves this shower!Z :'(

The Legendary Shark

No idea whether this alleged report by Anonymous of impending "false flag" attacks in the Ukraine is real or not - but I wouldn't be surprised either way, especially given the deep involvement of people like George Soros.

Keep your eyes peeled...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

That bunch of cynical, dumb f**ks are really pushing the boundaries with this whole situation. Jesus at least when they went into Iraq and interfered in Lybia, they had the possibility of quick wins (didn't work out that way mind you). Russia is orders of magnitude more complex and the aims are to put it mildly, ill defined, let alone in any real sense achievable. More brave men and treasure will be pissed away on another US/EU/Russian ego trip. A plague on the bastards.

Professor Bear

A war is a great way to disguise the inequality in wealth distribution in first-world countries and galvanise the right behind the richest members of society.  A war is only a terrible thing if you're not one of them.

ZenArcade

A really good article in Guardian On-line environment section (tsch a guardian reading leftie). A NASA funded study on the possibility of civilizations decline/collapse....guess why: resource stretch and massivy stratified inequality. What it took them this long to figure that out!!! Z

Hawkmumbler

I'd rather people not quote Anonymous as a source of information. Those people don't know their arse from a hole in the ground and are nothing more than suited up keyboard guardians.

The Legendary Shark

I don't know who Anonymous are or what they want - they could be a largely unrelated movement of computer geeks or a secret NSA "Cyber-Gladio" type deal for all I know or care. What I'm interested in is the information - is it correct or partly correct, is it wrong or partly wrong and, at least as important as its veracity, why is that information there? Who benefits from such information?
I never know which information is going to be useful and which isn't so I find it best to listen to as many sources as possible (in which endeavour I often fail).
I like to keep an open mind but never forget that an open mind is like an open wound and if I don't look after it it'll get infected.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 16 March, 2014, 02:38:37 PM
I'd rather people not quote Anonymous as a source of information. Those people don't know their arse from a hole in the ground and are nothing more than suited up keyboard guardians.

"Anonymous" is not a group.

Frank

The Crimea has already been subject to a false flag operation, in which foreign forces staged an illegal invasion and occupation under a (perfunctory and transparent) veil of anonymity. The Kremlin was still insisting the guys with their regimental insignia covered up who seized control of key assets in Sevastopol were public spirited local militia as late as last week ... even though they had heavy armour and air support.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Professor Bear on 16 March, 2014, 04:09:03 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 16 March, 2014, 02:38:37 PM

"Anonymous" is not a group.

Everyone knows the type im on about.