Main Menu

Blade 3

Started by Shewrog, 10 December, 2004, 03:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shewrog

Has anyone else seen this yet?

Saw it last night and its a real mixed bag. Thought it felt a bit like a late eighties american cop show, but it has its moments. Terrible soundtrack but quite funny in parts.

What does everyone else think?

Mr D

I hated it!! I really did, and I'm pretty partial to the first two. A sloppy mess of a film. Ryan Renolds was good though...

Shewrog

Think its going to be one of those ones that really divides people.
Agree about Ryan Reynolds...
My father in law told me he is boyt reynolds son, surely an error on his part..
Don't think David Goyer should have directed really..

Mr D

No, Goyer was the mistake. If Del Toro had stayed he'd probably have made a much better film out of the same material. The elements were there, just not put together in the slightest.

Shewrog

True, though I did like the more down to earth kind of feel, of blade as a reality, as a paranoid urban terrorist raging a war against an imagined enemy kind of thing, if that makes sense!

Mr D

I know what you mean - when I heard about it, it really excited me. Bringing a sense of reality into it was a great idea. Turning us against Blade even better! But.... It didn't work properly in the film.

monty--

Bolt-01

The first two Blade films are ace!

Tosh, but nice tosh!

Bolt-01

Phuz

Wasn't the last film suppose to be 'Mad Max with Vampires", whatever happened to that idea? I would have parted with my left nad to watch that movie, maybe the right one as well.

Jared Katooie

Both nads to see a film?! There's dedication!

I'm hoping I like Blade 3 but if I dont I'll at least take some comfort in knowing my family jewels are safe and sound.

Phuz

Both nads to see a film?! There's dedication!

Not really, I picked up a pair of nads for ?150 - expensive but I'd give them up to see an Post-Apocalypse Vampire movie

Link: http://www.iphomenet.com/Main_web_pages/sales_retail/nad/speakers/nadspeakers.htm" target="_blank">Nad speakers

http://www.iphomenet.com/Main_web_pages/sales_retail/nad/speakers/nadspeakerweb2.gif">

Matt Timson

Tsss...  I bet you've been waiting ages to pull that one, you sad knacker!

;)
Pffft...

Phuz

Yes, I know. I sincerely apologise for that appalling testicle gag ? but people should really think of more appropriate names for hi-fi equipment.

Matt Timson

Ah well- made me laugh...

;)
Pffft...

Bico

'Fighting vampires in a post-apocalyptic wasteland'

Isn't that Otto's (bus driver from the Simpsons) pitch for a comic-book?