Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Spikes

And all washed down with a fine chianti,   :lol:

Quote from: SKD on 09 June, 2013, 09:23:22 AM
and a page from the prog by some chap called McMahon. I love them both dearly.

I'll have to try and get a decent photo of them to post some day.

Yes, would be nice to see that page SKD. Is it from any particular story?
Not a Cursed Earth page, is it?  ;)

And great to see you on CAF, Colin - and sharing your nice collection. (thought your avatar looked familar!).
I left a comment for your Dante page - good stuff!

hippynumber1

Colin - the Tharg sketch from Simon Fraser is lovely!

ming

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 09 June, 2013, 12:25:58 PM
Colin - the Tharg sketch from Simon Fraser is lovely!

Yeah, lovely -but where's the Rosette?  ;)

SKD

Quote from: Judge Jack on 09 June, 2013, 11:40:35 AM

No, not a Cursed Earth or even a Dredd. It's a Slaine page from the Sky Chariots story. It cost me nearly two weeks money at the time, but I figured that I didn't need to eat every day of the week.

Stew.

Colin YNWA

A 'Classic X-Men' back cover by John Bolton

Out of interest which one, I used to love Classic X-Men back in the day and those Bolton backs up were superb and the 'posters' on the back simply wonderful.

As for the missing Rosette its was at the jewelers getting a polish, issuing those hotshots can be very damaging you know.

Oh and thanks to all the folk pacing by my CAF page and saying nice things. CAF seems to be a rather nice place and I've already been spending too much time there, but now I've come out the closet, so to speak I can see myself playing out even more.

SKD

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 09 June, 2013, 07:31:11 PM
A 'Classic X-Men' back cover by John Bolton

Out of interest which one, I used to love Classic X-Men back in the day and those Bolton backs up were superb and the 'posters' on the back simply wonderful.

It's the back cover to Classic X-Men No. 1, with Wolverine trying to chat up Jean Grey in the foreground and Angel flying in to [spoiler]twat him![/spoiler]

John Bolton was a smashing bloke, he was doing a signing to promote his work on the X-Men back in 86/87. I'd shown him some of my drawings and he suggested that I try a brush to ink with instead of the drawing pens that I had been using. He then did a sketch of Wolverine in my drawing pad and said "There you are, have a go with a brush at inking that and bring it to show me next time i'm in town. 
John had a lot of art for sale but I couldn't afford any, so I did a deal with the owner of the shop where I paid half and he put the rest. Then the following week I paid what I owed, plus a fiver for his trouble. I was one happy bunny. :D

Stew.

Colin YNWA

I'm not surprised, I've not owned that comic for some time but I remember that picture well and its a doozy.

hippynumber1

Quote from: SKD on 09 June, 2013, 07:29:58 PM

No, not a Cursed Earth or even a Dredd. It's a Slaine page from the Sky Chariots story. It cost me nearly two weeks money at the time, but I figured that I didn't need to eat every day of the week.

Stew.

Ah, now then. I may have to eat your face!  ;)

Skullmo

No, not a Cursed Earth or even a Dredd. It's a Slaine page from the Sky Chariots story.

Stew.

>:( I need dis
It's a joke. I was joking.

Fatboydale

Stew.

if this is what i think it is ..... it is a highly sort after page by a certain collector .... i would love to see your inbox , and see who throwing you cash  :D

ming

Well Sky Chariots is a particularly tasty art pie that I'd definitely love a slice of, but I'm really not chasing anything these days...  Honest.

:)

Skullmo

I remember when Comic Showcase in London had pages of Sky Chariots for £60 each :-(

Skullmo

Where is this Dale Grail then?

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 08 June, 2013, 09:48:13 PM
Very often I think that if I post some of the purchases I make, folk here will sigh at the small scale of my little purchases (not really of course, but its the best way to express the 'level' of purchase I'm able to make.)

This time however I couldn't be more proud of what I think is a page that the very definition of Red Seas, one of my all time favourite series from the Prog. Small purchase, BIG LOVE (or something silly like that)

I'm so happy with my two latest buys (the other is over on the non 2000ad art thread) that I've finally put my 'bottom end' buys up on a CAF Gallery. If you want to see how the other half lives.

http://cafurl.com?i=19965

Very nice Red Seas page there Colin, I have one on 'reserve' meself.
Had a tour of your CAF page- nice stuff. Your Dante page w/ Lulu is definitely your 'crown jewel' by the way...exceptional.