Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: Fatboydale on 19 June, 2013, 09:20:36 PM
can you guess what it is yet ??

Crafty! Changing it to 'nochancelol'.  ;)

Dr Feeley Good

My latest page for sale on ebay....item number 200931730873 Carl Critchlow cover to prog 1593 !!

Greg M.

Here's a piece I picked up off eBay recently, in which someone is upset by an alien's mighty organ...

'Nemesis the Warlock' - it was all about sex, really, wasn't it?

Skullmo

I never saw this on there!!!

I would have loved this :-(
It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

I was bidding on that page Greg, but maxed out at £110.
Glad you got it.

Sideshow Bob

Despite checking eBay at least every second day....that's a couple of items I've missed seeing recently .... :'(
Not that I would have went for the Nemesis piece,  it doesn't 'fit in' with what I'm collecting,  although it's a great piece but didn't even get a 'glimpse' of it in my searches ...

Any tips on how to set up eBay to 'alert' when specific items come up....Do you put the relevant artists names or subjects or categories in ??.....Any advice ???

I would have 'missed' a bargain Henry Flint Mongrol sketch if SimeonB hadn't alerted me...
And I managed to get it for £14.25 including postage......
I've 'passed on' several good items to other members of this board but to be honest it was 'just luck' that I came across them.....I'd like to be a little more 'scientific' in my searches.... :D
Cheers...
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Simon Beigh

I don't think there is a single fool proof way to find everything you might ever be interested in on eBay. Certainly the "saved searches" is a good idea for specific items, like searching for "Henry Flint", or whatever.

You can get quite sophisticated with the search criteria. The Using search commands help page on eBay shows how to use operators (AND, OR, NOT) and other text search stuff which can be useful in being very exact with your search. Limiting to certain categories helps too.

For my art, I generally go into the "Original Comic Art" category under "Comics". The eBay default it "Best Match" where it has a go as using your browsing history to crudely order items (the Henry Flint Mongrol was right at the top of that list!). I have a flick down the first page of those. Then I change the order to "Time: newly listed" and have a flick down those. I do this perhaps every couple of days or so.

I think Judge Jack has taken the time to set up a lot of Saved Search alerts, so he may be better placed to give advice on the best ones to use. But I like the "happy accident" discoveries. For example, there was some Dangermouse artwork from the 80s I happened upon last week. Would never have set up a rule to search for it, but it was fun to find (and I wish I'd had a few quid to acquire one of them for a bit of nostalgia).

Sideshow Bob

Thanks SimeonB....will definitely have a go at modifying my 'search' parameters / categories to try and make sure I don't miss any hidden 'gems'...

I've had a couple of really lucky 'spots',  virtually as soon as they were posted on eBay, but more luck than good judgement........I got a Sean Phillips watercolour Zombie Wolverine sketch for my sons' Xmas that way.......It's on my CAF page.....But I've missed out on several I would have liked to had a bid at...

Any more advice much appreciated guys.....And if I do happen to spot something that's not of interest to me, but might be of interest to others on this forum, I'll post it in this thread...or on eBay watch thread  :D
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Fatboydale

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 22 June, 2013, 04:33:08 PM
Thanks SimeonB....will definitely have a go at modifying my 'search' parameters / categories to try and make sure I don't miss any hidden 'gems'...

I've had a couple of really lucky 'spots',  virtually as soon as they were posted on eBay, but more luck than good judgement........I got a Sean Phillips watercolour Zombie Wolverine sketch for my sons' Xmas that way.......It's on my CAF page.....But I've missed out on several I would have liked to had a bid at...

Any more advice much appreciated guys.....And if I do happen to spot something that's not of interest to me, but might be of interest to others on this forum, I'll post it in this thread...or on eBay watch thread  :D
Cheers

Been a special ebay member has its perks .....

Simon Beigh

Right, lovely people. I have FINALLY got round to uploading all of my John Cooper pieces that Mark sold me onto CAF. So feel free to pop over and have a peruse.

Also on CAF is this fab piece from A.H.A.B supplied by our resident "eBay Special Member". Cheers Dale. No idea why you wanted to part with it, but it's mine now and you can't have none  :)

Spikes

Quote from: SimeonB on 22 June, 2013, 03:55:46 PM
I don't think there is a single fool proof way to find everything you might ever be interested in on eBay.

Agreed. A lot of times, people dont fully list/describe, or spell (!) correctly any original art their selling, so saved searches bypass these ones.
Gotta keep ya peepers peeled, im afraid. Though the Guys on here, are pretty good at given shout outs, if summat pops up.

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 23 June, 2013, 10:01:18 AMThough the Guys on here, are pretty good at given shout outs, if summat pops up.

A bit too good, sometimes... ;)

Fatboydale

Quote from: ming on 23 June, 2013, 11:21:17 AM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 23 June, 2013, 10:01:18 AMThough the Guys on here, are pretty good at given shout outs, if summat pops up.

A bit too good, sometimes... ;)

yep annoying too good ....  ;)

Skullmo

A lovely Henry Flint page from the recent classic Cold Deck story. Obtained from Wake.

It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes