Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: SimeonB on 25 July, 2013, 03:47:28 PM
Here's my offering for today. The last page ever drawn by Rich Elson before he went entirely digital - so a little bit of history ... http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p670/SimeonB1/image_zpsb60a1bc5.jpg

It's compulsory for someone to say this every time someone posts some relatively recent Elson - I can't believe that's the same guy who produced the very delicate pastel shades of Shadows. I'm looking forward to my first taste of Kingdom in a few weeks time.

Skullmo

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 25 July, 2013, 04:06:07 PM
Skullmo....That's a great piece, and as SimeonB says " a mad bit of architecture as well !!..
Great stuff though.....That piece must be about 25 - 30 years old ???

Well here are some better detail shots:

It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

For the fellow Ezquerra lovers among us:

Skullmo

And I cannot yet the Hicklenton fans down too!

:D

Sideshow Bob

Great stuff, Skullmo....
And that piece is about 34 years old !! ......Just astonishing, considering the recent discussion re degradation of artwork.....
And a great piece of Hicklenton as well !....
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Skullmo

Yes, Ezquerra's art never ages because it is magical!

Link Prime

This thread moves too fast to keep up with!
Jacob- where are you getting those Ezquerra ABC's from? They're brilliant.
Simeon- nice Elson!
Bob- nicely framed pieces!

Skullmo

I found them behind my radiator. I have them there to keep thrillsuckers from getting through the wall.

Link Prime

Quote from: Skullmo on 26 July, 2013, 11:41:53 AM
I found them behind my radiator. I have them there to keep thrillsuckers from getting through the wall.

I can't tell if that's a veiled allusion to the fact you bought them off forum member Radiator or if you're more cautious than Johnny Tightlips!

Recrewt

Yep, you're off for a couple of days and then there is a burst of new stuff on here.  Some impressive art there folks that I could only dream of owning.

Bob, nice to see those Mongrols now they have been framed - you must be well please with those.

Oh, btw Skullmo - thrillsuckers come through the windows not the walls!  ::)

Sideshow Bob

Thanks for the kind words, guys...
Yes I am absolutely delighted with the way the framing has seemed to 'enhance' the artwork.......Benefit of knowing a good framer locally I suppose...
Anyway thanks again, picture is now 'hung' on wall, ( despite possible deterioration over the rest of my lifetime...... :lol: ) and the 'big fella' is pretty happy with his likenesses !!!
Cheers...

" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Fatboydale

Quote from: Skullmo on 25 July, 2013, 11:19:15 PM
For the fellow Ezquerra lovers among us:

Some lovely pages over the past few days .... i have set my time machine to 1984 .... i will be back tomorrow hopefully with something cool .... 10 point's to guess which character and artist ..

Skullmo

o1s1n

Quote from: Skullmo on 26 July, 2013, 01:47:45 AM
And I cannot yet the Hicklenton fans down too!

Wow that page is still fresh!!

o1s1n

Was digging through artwork and found a few pieces I hadn't photographed properly.

Uploaded this previously, but the photo didn't do it justice. It's a great image.

Mark Harrsion.

Been after a Will Simpson drawing for ages. This is the best I've been able to find for the moment!

Signed JH print

Another JH print, unfortunately unsigned

Nice signed JH Torquemada convention sketch. Probably the only drawing you'll ever see of his without any tipex :D