Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

A mighty fine haul Skullmo.
The SMS page tickles my fancy in particular.

Mangamax

"AAAAHH! SHARKS ON LEGS!"
It was a case of love at first sight when this appeared in the Prog - big first panel with a bampot notion taking me right back to the early days of 2000AD, Action, and a whole slew of early 70's titles when an ordinary, real life thing or situation is given a fantasy/SF angle.
And that's classic Dredd to just dispatch the threat so cooly.
And that caption is right up there with the classic "please let me drown before the Giant Scorpions get me".
So, love at first sight.
I got in touch with Carl, just on the off-chance that he might still have it, expecting the answer "no".
Stunned then when he said that, yes, he did.
And it became mine within a few days  :D
Lovely piece of work - A3 with very fine linework. The backgrounds are missing out of a couple of the lower panels as Carl added them in Photoshop.
That don't matter not a jot - i've got sharks on legs and i'm a happy bunny   :D

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Geoff

It's great when that happens - you love it the moment you see it, have to have it...and it's actually available! (Happened with me and Chris Weston's Sensitive Klegg)

Congrats on getting it - it's a great page from one of the funniest of the recent Dredd stories. Sharks with legs, proper MC1 craziness.  Almost looks better in the original black and white I think. Brings back the 70s for me too, when everything was sharks or dinosaurs!

Mangamax

Ditto everything you just said Geoff  :) :D ;)
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Montynero

hippynumber1

It's ages since I posted on here (seems it anyway) and I've bought a few pages lately. First up: Paul Marshall 'Zombie Dredd' from 'Darkside'

hippynumber1

I've been waiting for one of these beauties to pop up for ages so when it did I had to have it! Big thanks to Stephen Millar (sorry, can't remember your forum name!  :-[ ) for letting it go.

Link Prime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 04 April, 2015, 07:03:35 PM
Paul Marshall 'Zombie Dredd' from 'Darkside'

All the better in glorious monochrome.

Dr Feeley Good

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 07 April, 2015, 03:46:25 PM
I've been waiting for one of these beauties to pop up for ages so when it did I had to have it! Big thanks to Stephen Millar (sorry, can't remember your forum name!  :-[ ) for letting it go.

Glad it went to a good home...

hippynumber1

Oh yea, 'Stevemillar'! Too obvious for me to remember!  :lol:

Zenith 666

All lovely pieces but that insurrection page is truly beautiful so beautiful that I think I hate Colin McNeil the talented bastard.

Simon Beigh

Like my buddy, The Hipster, it's been a while for me in posting here. I've not really bought much recently. But like buses, it's come along all at once. First to be shared is this lovely Frazer Irving page from 'Judge Death - The Wilderness Years'. It's a great story from The Megazine.

Finding Frazer's art for sale is like trying to locate Hen's Teeth. If anyone wants to sell me a Simping Detective page, I'd be very happy to hear from you!

Simon Beigh

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 07 April, 2015, 03:46:25 PM

That is a fine MacNeil you snagged there!

hippynumber1