Main Menu

Dredd (2011): What the latest?

Started by Goaty, 23 June, 2011, 10:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darnmarr

It matches the badge design ( in Michealvk's avatar ) to a tee.

Emperor

No it doesn't - the top of it is all wrong.

Quote from: Mardroid on 24 June, 2011, 07:13:56 PM
I'm sure DoG picked it up from the same sources as the rest...

Yep they got it from BC who got it from ECBT2000AD:

www.denofgeek.com/movies/953842/could_this_be_dredds_first_teaser_poster.html

I still haven't seen anyone shoot this down in flames yet though.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Steve Green

There's a tweet here (The Daily Blam) which says Lionsgate have said it's not official.

http://twitter.com/#!/Poni_Boy

JOE SOAP

Even that tweet of denial has the air of 'unofficial' about it.

TordelBack

Quote from: Steve Green on 24 June, 2011, 07:37:49 PM
There's a tweet here (The Daily Blam) which says Lionsgate have said it's not official.

More of a twat than a tweet.

blackmocco

The only thing that makes me think it's going to be official is that it's not a screengrab. Somebody actually printed up the poster and took a pic of it.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

JOE SOAP

Quote from: blackmocco on 24 June, 2011, 08:30:15 PM
The only thing that makes me think it's going to be official is that it's not a screengrab. Somebody actually printed up the poster and took a pic of it.

You'd be surprised what people will do even when they do it badly.

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 June, 2011, 08:29:07 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 24 June, 2011, 07:37:49 PM

More of a twat than a tweet.

I could spend hours and hours and hours reading all those tweets and not get bored.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Goaty

There 4 new trailers out today! But sadly still nothing Dredd teaser etc....

IAMTHESYSTEM

I assume the mentioned release date has already been moved back due to post production requirements. DREDD's trailer wil come when it's HD ready frustrating though that might be for us eager beavers here on the forum.

I keep trying to imagine the first frames of the Trailer. Will it be DREDD's, bullet ridden blood soaked badge? A swooping shot of Mega City 1? Or my favourite a close up of Judge Anderson's leather clad bum? Imagination >sigh< you can't beat it.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 29 June, 2011, 08:40:25 PM
I assume the mentioned release date has already been moved back due to post production requirements. DREDD's trailer wil come when it's HD ready frustrating though that might be for us eager beavers here on the forum.

I don't believe there was ever a 'delay' issue.

There's never been a release date mentioned other than the IMDB one -which was originally scheduled as 2012 when created- but they aren't 'official' anyway. From the earliest press it had been a 2012 film and it remains so according to DNA. No moving back as such. To have expected it to be out within the year considering it only stopped shooting in February/March would have been unusually soon for a film of it's kind.

Leigh S

Its almost identical to the Stallone one isnt it?  which makes me doubt its real.

Peter Wolf

Wot no JD film teaser trailer yet ?

Its as if some just expect one to magically appear on the web at any time !

There should be a seperate No JD film news thread.

[Thats sarcasm directed at the idea of anything appearing rather than not appearing]

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

MarsHottentot

"I'm Asking You...BEGGING You-My Flesh, My Blood... It's Not Too Late!  Fix It Joe! You - You And Rico - You Can Do It..." - Judge Fargo