Main Menu

I don't like the shoulders on the new uniform at all.

Started by ABCwarBOT, 26 July, 2011, 09:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 27 July, 2011, 11:49:38 PM
It's one thing trying to make this film so it's distinct from the Stallone movie and another so it's too different from the comic.

It isn't too different from the comic, I also think you're taking the Stallone film too much into account, it's that film which was too much of a diversion from the source in more numerous/substantial ways. The new one is closer from story to design in, most importantly, essence.

This, to me, is basically what Urban's Dredd is based on:

...and it's the best base to start from.

...and now for something completely different:

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 27 July, 2011, 09:49:34 AM
QuoteI certainly don't expect it to look exactly like the comic but I think they could have incorporated more elements from the comic than they have.

Eagle? check
Shoulder pad? check
Helmet? check
Badge? check
Elbow and knee pads? check
Belt buckle? check

So, apart from the chain- what's missing?

Helmet ok, knee pads ok, belt buckle ok, boots ok but > shoulder area could have been done much better Richmond.   So Dredds uniform makes him look imposing.

They could have done the eagle more prominent and still have good range of movement.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 July, 2011, 12:05:37 AM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 27 July, 2011, 11:49:38 PM
It's one thing trying to make this film so it's distinct from the Stallone movie and another so it's too different from the comic.

It isn't too different from the comic, I also think you're taking the Stallone film too much into account, it's that film which was too much of a diversion from the source in more numerous/substantial ways. The new one is closer from story to design in, most importantly, essence.

This, to me, is basically what Urban's Dredd is based on:

...and it's the best base to start from.

...and now for something completely different:

You can't really see the right shoulder on that though.   The other shoulder pad looks more about the size that should be on Urbans uniform.   Look at the photo on the Empire cover.......that's one puny looking shoulder pad.

L

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 28 July, 2011, 12:18:59 AMYou can't really see the right shoulder on that though.   The other shoulder pad looks more about the size that should be on Urbans uniform.   Look at the photo on the Empire cover.......that's one puny looking shoulder pad.

Depending on the angle and films are all about angles...and of course...there'll be lots of 'em.

IndigoPrime

So, what people are arguing is whether Dredd would fit in with these guys or not:

James

So let me get this straight. You don't like the roundness of the shoulder pads? Is that basically the gist of what you're saying? What would you like to happen now? Will you keep repeating yourself until everyone says yes you're right? It's not going to happen. People have stated that they like different elements of the uniform, you've stated that you don't. I don't understand why you keep mentioning it. We get it. Honestly we do. If it offends you so much then ignore it and talk about something else.

Can I have a white Magnum please?

Misanthrope

I have read all of ABC's posts and I must admit, that neapolitan ice cream looks lovely.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

There's nothing better than a Pear Picking Porky.

I swear they've been getting smaller over the years.

They're also one of the most effective hangover cures ever.
You may quote me on that.

Richmond Clements

QuoteIt's as bad as some of those drongos on other sites saying the film will be shit before they've even seen a frame!

Well to be fair, we've had people on here doing the same thing.

Goaty

It's like The Toaster from one of my fave Red Dwarf episodes, The White Hole.

"Do you want a toast?"

dweezil2

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 28 July, 2011, 09:10:27 AM
QuoteIt's as bad as some of those drongos on other sites saying the film will be shit before they've even seen a frame!

Well to be fair, we've had people on here doing the same thing.

True. But thankfully they're in the minority on here.

Oh and neapolitan ice cream is rank!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Proudhuff

I was shocked to see WALLS is called something different in different countries but its the same products!! The truth you can't han... sorry wrong thread?

I don't like the double seams on the gusset of the new uniform, who should I contact?
DDT did a job on me

Angry Vince

Whose gussets are you looking at and why are they seamy?
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

hippynumber1

Can i just say that I like hot apple pie? With vanilla ice cream.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Angry Vince on 28 July, 2011, 11:24:58 AM
Whose gussets are you looking at and why are they seamy?

what? you mean this isn't the Cosplay thread? what about those guys in the Dredd outfits?
DDT did a job on me