Main Menu

I don't like the shoulders on the new uniform at all.

Started by ABCwarBOT, 26 July, 2011, 09:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 July, 2011, 01:27:39 AM
It's because you keep repeating the same (negative) opinion again and again and again and again - Okay - you've said it, you don't like the shoulder pads, move on or shut the fuck up! That's why we thought you're him - the inability to develop an argument or let one lie if disagreed with.

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 30 July, 2011, 01:43:41 AM
no need to tell me to "shut the fuck up" matey.

Oo-arh Dan...you're now ABC's...

Goaty

No, ABCwarBot, you're only a dick.

You moaned about lack of eagle on shoulder pad, it is fucking there on 2nd photo of Dredd!!! 

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Goaty on 30 July, 2011, 02:17:37 AM
No, ABCwarBot, you're only a dick.

You moaned about lack of eagle on shoulder pad, it is fucking there on 2nd photo of Dredd!!!

Speak for yourself luvvie!   I'm talking about a raised eagle.....not a flat one.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 30 July, 2011, 02:19:57 AM

Speak for yourself luvvie!   I'm talking about a raised eagle.....not a flat one.

It's raised all right...'tisn't flat at all...

The Legendary Shark

And I bet they've paid no attention whatsoever to the established tread patterns of Justice Department boots. This, along with those breathtakingly displeasing shoulder pads, makes this new Dredd movie nothing more than a hollow travesty.

I shall not be watching it when it comes out. I'll not be buying the DVD. If it comes on telly (free channels) I might watch it if it doesn't clash with The Pedantry Show or Points of View. My life is ruined. I may as well kill myself. Damn you, Dredd movie makers, how do you feel now, eh? Does it feel good to kill people with your lack of veracity? Are you proud that your complete and abject failure to make the film my way is going to be the catalyst to me shuffling off this mortal coil? I hope you all burn in Hell.

Did somebody mention Häagen-Dazs?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 30 July, 2011, 02:24:52 AM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 30 July, 2011, 02:19:57 AM

It's raised all right...'tisn't flat at all...

You know what I mean.  I'm talking about one that looks more like the comic......i.e. juts out prominently and can be seen prominently in profile.

That might have slightly raised parts > but it's still fairly flat.

JOE SOAP

but it's still looks fairly good and like the proto-version in early Dredd.

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 30 July, 2011, 02:36:25 AM
but it's still fairly good and looks like a proto-version similar to the early Dredd.

To be honest, I don't think ABC-Dick read any Dredd!

The Legendary Shark

Well I think it's a disgrace that the eagle head on the eagle pad in the comic doesn't double up as a harpoon. We have been deprived for too long of the sight of Dredd dramatically dipping a shoulder towards a fleeing rad-whale and shouting "Shoulder 'poon!" And the eagle claws on the eagle shoulder pad, why don't they double up as grappling hooks, allowing judges to make Batman-like entrances and exits. "Grapple claws!" P-CHOING! "Taste boot, creeps!" and suchlike. The eagle feathers on the eagle pad should be detachable so they can be thrown like throwing stars or used in close combat to rip a perp's throat out. "Feather blade!"

Bloody Dredd creators got no idea whatsoever about eagle shoulder pads. It's a disgrace.

Seriously, is there Häagen-Dazs?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Waltev

Screw Häagen-Dazs... No one can say they've tasted ice cream if they haven't had the traditional German Waldmeister eis... The same stuff they make the beautiful schnapps that makes you all... intelligent and social.

That trumps any color banana... any day.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Goaty on 30 July, 2011, 02:40:18 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 30 July, 2011, 02:36:25 AM
but it's still fairly good and looks like a proto-version similar to the early Dredd.

To be honest, I don't think ABC-Dick read any Dredd!

Goaty, serious question.   Have you ever thought about anger management lessons?

Beaky Smoochies

For the love of mercy ABCWarBot, SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THE SHOULDER PADS, I mean really!!!  The new Judge uniform looks damn fine to me all over- including the shoulder eagle (raised or not)- and I think DNA Films have achieved a near-impossible task of creating both a realistic and practical Judge costume uniform that, at the same time, is still respectful and utterly recognisable to the source material, and I say "bravo!" to all concerned for both the effort and the fact they're not only making a new Judge Dredd film, but are determined to do it right this time.  If you don't like the new uniform, fine n' dandy, but STOP FILLING UP PAGE AFTER PAGE OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT IT!  Sorry everyone for going ballistic, but if this guy isn't scojo, then scojo's mum has a dark secret in her past she hasn't told him about, phew, I'm done now...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

golledge100

I don't like the mole on the upper corner of dredds face. At no point in the comics have I ever seen a mole being drawn on dredds face. Not even in early dredd. This is further proof that the dredd film is going to be shit and DNA films don't give a shit about us fans. They can't even get the basics right.

golledge100

Oops. I intended to start a completely new thread related to this issue as it clearly deserves it but appear to have tacked it onto the end of a thread about ice cream. Mods, can you fix that for me please?

Angry Vince

Alright <cracks knuckles> it's about time we all moved on.

ABCwarBot: You really need to let this go. You started an new thread to complain about a single aspect of the uniform and have steadfastly refused to accept that people are not interested in debating that any further.
Opinions and banter and not unwelcome in this forum, but when you continue to push a single agenda you piss people off.
Whether you are a certain person on not is irrelevant at this stage: Let it go, accept that no one wants to hear any more what is about what may be wrong and try to throw in something constructive.

Everyone Else: Give the guy a break and some rope. If he chooses to hang himself...

Cross posted as I don't want anyone missing out.
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)