Main Menu

I don't like the shoulders on the new uniform at all.

Started by ABCwarBOT, 26 July, 2011, 09:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 31 July, 2011, 12:54:49 AM
Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 30 July, 2011, 06:12:53 AM
For the love of mercy ABCWarBot, SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THE SHOULDER PADS, I mean really!!!  The new Judge uniform looks damn fine to me all over- including the shoulder eagle (raised or not)- and I think DNA Films have achieved a near-impossible task of creating both a realistic and practical Judge costume uniform that, at the same time, is still respectful and utterly recognisable to the source material, and I say "bravo!" to all concerned for both the effort and the fact they're not only making a new Judge Dredd film, but are determined to do it right this time.  If you don't like the new uniform, fine n' dandy, but STOP FILLING UP PAGE AFTER PAGE OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT IT!  Sorry everyone for going ballistic, but if this guy isn't scojo, then scojo's mum has a dark secret in her past she hasn't told him about, phew, I'm done now...

Hear hear! Well said that man.

And just look at that photo of Dredd running with the explosion behind him. JUST LOOK AT IT!! It's fucking amazing.

You haterz are all entitled to your opinions and all, but on the other hand, fuck off.

Could've fooled me.   Seems to me like anyone who voices any opinions that might be called "negative" on here is shouted down and told to EFF OFF.

Honestly, some of you people on here need to grow up a bit. 

Realise that not everyone who says they don't like certain things (I haven't criticised everything about the uniform) is this scojo bloke (or his relatives) and stop jumping to conclusions all the time. 

I've never been on a site like it.  I've never been on a site that's so obsessed with one person and where everyone gets so worked up about it. 

It's ridiculous and it's got me wondering if half of you on here are employees of DNA or something.  And to be honest I don't particularly care if people call me names or insult me.  It all goes over my head.

Goaty

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 30 July, 2011, 11:27:46 PM

I quite like ABC-Dick.    Has a nice ring to it.

I can guess your not from UK, you dick!

How dares you says about half of us here could be DNA films staff when we only honest and 2000AD readers and we don't FUCKING repeat complain about the shoulder pad as it looks right fit for Judges in combat fights! 

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 31 July, 2011, 01:16:16 AM
Could've fooled me.   Seems to me like anyone who voices any opinions that might be called "negative" on here is shouted down and told to EFF OFF.

Unfortunately you've arrived at a time when these arguments -for most of the members- have been done to death and you haven't really added anything new to them apart from the fact you created new threads about how you don't like shoulder pads.

I've never been on a site like it.  I've never been on a site that's so obsessed with one person and where everyone gets so worked up about it. 

You haven't been around long enough to know what he's done and how annoying/destructive he is when allowed to post incessantly about the same things -that are never postive- especially when he starts to personally insult the owners of 2000AD and Rebellion or cause harm to certain individuals' reputations. John Wagner booted him off his facebook page for the same behaviour.

He's on several other forums at the moment, bad-mouthing everything, and getting the same response from others that he gets here. His IMDB account has just been erased cos of complaints -not just on the Dredd threads- for the umpteenth time.

And to be honest I don't particularly care if people call me names or insult me.  It all goes over my head.

Obviously it doesn't or you wouldn't be bothered.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Goaty on 31 July, 2011, 01:30:42 AM

I can guess your not from UK, you dick!

How dares you says about half of us here could be DNA films staff when we only honest and 2000AD readers and we don't FUCKING repeat complain about the shoulder pad as it looks right fit for Judges in combat fights!

LMAO!   Now why do you think I'm not from the UK monsieur Goaty? 

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 31 July, 2011, 01:32:23 AM

Unfortunately you've arrived at a time when these arguments -for most of the members- have been done to death and you haven't really added anything new to them apart from the fact you created new threads about how you don't like shoulder pads.

You haven't been around long enough to know what he's done and how annoying/destructive he is when allowed to post incessantly about the same things -that are never postive- especially when he starts to personally insult the owners of 2000AD and Rebellion or cause harm to certain individuals' reputations. John Wagner booted him off his facebook page for the same behaviour.

He's on several other forums at the moment, bad-mouthing everything, and getting the same response fromothers that he gets here. His IMDB account has just been erased cos of complaints -not just on the Dredd threads- for the umpteenth time.

And to be honest I don't particularly care if people call me names or insult me.  It all goes over my head.

Obviously it doesn't or you wouldn't be bothered.

Well there's the difference between me and him.  I've criticised the bike yes and Dredds shoulders but I haven't bad mouthed everything about this film.   

The Legendary Shark

Dick - nice ring to it...

Seriously, nobody's going to run with that?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 31 July, 2011, 01:42:48 AM

Cripes.......you're right.   Better not go there!:D

How about............."has a nice tone to it"?

Angry Vince

For the love of mercy ABCWarBot, SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THE SHOULDER PADS, I mean really!!!  The new Judge uniform looks damn fine to me all over- including the shoulder eagle (raised or not)- and I think DNA Films have achieved a near-impossible task of creating both a realistic and practical Judge costume uniform that, at the same time, is still respectful and utterly recognisable to the source material, and I say "bravo!" to all concerned for both the effort and the fact they're not only making a new Judge Dredd film, but are determined to do it right this time.  If you don't like the new uniform, fine n' dandy, but STOP FILLING UP PAGE AFTER PAGE OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT IT!  Sorry everyone for going ballistic, but if this guy isn't scojo, then scojo's mum has a dark secret in her past she hasn't told him about, phew, I'm done now...

And just look at that photo of Dredd running with the explosion behind him. JUST LOOK AT IT!! It's fucking amazing.

You haterz are all entitled to your opinions and all, but on the other hand, fuck off.

Realise that not everyone who says they don't like certain things (I haven't criticised everything about the uniform) is this scojo bloke (or his relatives) and stop jumping to conclusions all the time. 

It's ridiculous and it's got me wondering if half of you on here are employees of DNA or something.  And to be honest I don't particularly care if people call me names or insult me.  It all goes over my head.

Mate, we have no problem with dissenting opinion but you need to realise that you've come in from nowhere and started complaining without building up any goodwill whatsoever. If you're going to come on and your first action is an entire thread dedicated to bitching about one particular aspect, you should expect people to treat you with disdain.

We have had plenty of negative opinion on here already - the helmet being the biggest of them. But the point is that people debated their opinion, agreed to disagree and then moved on.

I appealed for calm yesterday in the hopes that everyone let it slide, calm the fuck down and then talk about something else.
There are some other member pissed at you and, on the assumption that you are not scojo, they do need to let this go too.
You also need to stop bitching about it, move on and start building up some goodwill by joining in the conversation in a calm and thoughtful manner and respecting peoples opinions. Harping on about the same stuff for seventy-odd posts is not the way to go about it. By continuing in this manner you are merely reinforcing the idea that are scojo and this is what is pissing people off.
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 31 July, 2011, 01:39:47 AM
Well there's the difference between me and him.  I've criticised the bike yes and Dredds shoulders but I haven't bad mouthed everything about this film.

Fair enough but why not talk up the positives a bit more too, the criticisms so far have been fairly petty and rather inconsequential to the 'bigger picture' of whether this film will be successful or not. The mass audience won't be focusing on shoulder pad size and if they are, the film's in trouble.

You obviously like the banter and being here or you'd be gone by now so please add a bit more to the dialogue and ignore the digs.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 31 July, 2011, 01:46:03 AM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 31 July, 2011, 01:42:48 AM

Cripes.......you're right.   Better not go there!:D

How about............."has a nice tone to it"?

Somehow, that's worse...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Angry Vince on 31 July, 2011, 01:46:26 AM

Mate, we have no problem with dissenting opinion but you need to realise that you've come in from nowhere and started complaining without building up any goodwill whatsoever. If you're going to come on and your first action is an entire thread dedicated to bitching about one particular aspect, you should expect people to treat you with disdain.

We have had plenty of negative opinion on here already - the helmet being the biggest of them. But the point is that people debated their opinion, agreed to disagree and then moved on.

I appealed for calm yesterday in the hopes that everyone let it slide, calm the fuck down and then talk about something else.
There are some other member pissed at you and, on the assumption that you are not scojo, they do need to let this go too.
You also need to stop bitching about it, move on and start building up some goodwill by joining in the conversation in a calm and thoughtful manner and respecting peoples opinions. Harping on about the same stuff for seventy-odd posts is not the way to go about it. By continuing in this manner you are merely reinforcing the idea that are scojo and this is what is pissing people off.

I don't agree with you that I or anyone else should "expect to be treated with disdain" if my or anyone else's first post is criticising aspects of the film > that should be anyone's right to do that as long as these type of forums exist (as long as they're not being downright abusive). 

And I have been calm compared to some people and call me paranoid but I think it's certain other people who haven't respected my opinions not the other way round. 

But fair enough.  I've made my point so time to move on as you say.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 31 July, 2011, 01:39:47 AM
I haven't bad mouthed everything about this film.

No, you started a thread to bad-mouth the film.

What's the title of this thread?

QuoteI don't like the shoulders on the new uniform at all.

You just should have just posted your opinion (that you are fully entitled to) here:http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,33873.0.html , where the stills were originally posted.

It's not your opinion that I have I a problem with. It's that the way you have gone about it expressing it that annoys me.

Ben & Jerry's > Häagen-Dazs
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

I can't be bothered being annoyed. I just like stirring the stomm.

You bunch of nerds, arguing about shoulder pads in a film that is based on a comic in which a fictitious character wears a uniform that doesn't exist.

How's that? Top class stirring, I'd say. You're damned lucky to have me, you know. His Holiness himself wanted me on the PAPALBULLonline.com forums, but I turned him down for you. For you.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

You must think I'm mad if you believe I'll have a conversation with a man who calls himself a shark.