Main Menu

Ro-Jaws from 3A

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 24 February, 2012, 07:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris_askham

Took the plunge and ordered green Ro-Jaws this afternoon. May regret it at some point, but I've had the cash sitting around doing nothing since Christmas so thought 'Why not?'.

Now, how long do we normally have to wait before we get our grubby little hands on these beauties?

BPP

sale details said july

Mongrol was ETA for august - arrived...err  november I think?

At the time there was talk from 3A that they would try and have Ro-Jaws ship alot quicker than the delay between sale / shipping on Mongrol. However at the same time 3A's head honcho signs off on every production batch and has a history of scrapping builds / packaging due to dissatisfaction - I think Mongrol was partly delayed because his packaging wasn't acceptable (and it IS lovely packaging).

So, ya know.... whenever is the answer. Hopefully July. Best be chilled about it all.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Mike Carroll

Seeing as it was my birthday yesterday* I decided to treat myself to a green Ro-Jaws... really looking forward to his arrival!

-- Mike
* No, please, no need to buy me any presents! Just buy my books instead...  ;)

Mikey

Yeah, shipping is always an estimate but there was talk of only putting stuff up once they were ready to be assembled, painted etc, so I live in hope as always! One thing that might go in favour of a quicker shipping is that I reckon Ro-Jaws wouldn't have sold the shed loads that other lines seem to...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

ming

I'd rather have him done right and get him in hand later than have him shipped earlier with some quality control issues...  Will be interesting to see if any pre-made / part-made figures speed up the shipping, though.  The 'shipping in July' estimate should be taken with a pinch of salt, but could be accurate - just don't panic if there's a delay.

Hammerstein next, presumably - or maybe Rogue will slip out in front?

Devons Daddy

Ummm July, must check Credit card cut off dates, for billing.
so Devons Mummy does not raise a question mark,

Planet replicas, HOW ARE YOU CHAPS!  ;)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mardroid

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 23 March, 2012, 12:08:25 AM
Seeing as it was my birthday yesterday* I decided to treat myself to a green Ro-Jaws... really looking forward to his arrival!

As it was my Birthday on the 20th*, I thought of it... but decided against. Running low on finances at the moment (I bought a Kobo Touch earlier this month for around the same price).

I might get the 1/12 Mongrol though, depending on price. Despite the fact it should be more in my price range than the other I think the size would suit me and my dinky room better too. The big 'un is a fantastic thing though.

*How many boarders have birthdays in March?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mardroid on 24 March, 2012, 06:04:45 PM
*How many boarders have birthdays in March?

Me and JOE SOAP on the 31st, Wake on the 26th... probably a few more I can't remember.
@jamesfeistdraws

JOE SOAP

Dat's true. People should PM me about where to send presents.

JOE SOAP

What are the estimate production amounts for the 3A 2000AD figures? I see both Rojaws figures are still available.

ming

No production numbers are announced these days.  The fact that Ro-Jaws is still up is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned - gives more people chance to pick up Ro-Jaws than the usual 24-hours-or less (how long was Tharg up for?  One hour?).

Large48

Damn summer holidays.........  :(
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Mike Carroll

Any word on this? It's July now! Where's my Ro-Jaws?  :(

ming

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 03 July, 2012, 01:39:15 PM

In the queue... Just behind mine.

I'll ask for an update in a mo (no guarantee I'll get one, but hey).

Just so you know, the 'estimated shipping' dates are just that; estimates.  Specifying a month is usually asking for trouble; there's been a move to which quarter of the year stuff is expected to ship (but again, things overshoot all the time).  Anyway, better late and done right than fast and crappy (and far, far better than not at all).

ming

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 03 July, 2012, 01:39:15 PM

Just had word that Ro-Jaws isn't scheduled to ship out in the next 2-3 weeks.  Might be soon after that, hopefully - will do my best to keep you posted.