Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 11 May, 2022, 11:16:50 PM
Has there been a better comic creation than George Costanza?

Frank Costanza.

Tiplodocus

Hehe! Good point. I have "hilariously" started Mrs Tips in the style of Frank.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

Halo. I nearly didn't bother with this because I don't do computer games (well, maybe Mahjongg and Patience from time to time) but I'm glad I gave it a go. The story and characters were all okay, not brilliant but engaging enough to while away the rainsoaked hours of a weekend off, and the effects were top notch. Not bad at all.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Daredevil Season 2 well its a good job I've heard such good things about Season 3 as getting there is beginning to feel a bit of a trial (no pun and all that). 7 episodes in and no tonal variance at all, not surprisingly I suppose - but why is there no window cleaners in Hell's Kitchen? Or cleaning products - well except in the appointments of posh baddies! Anyway while its got a lot of great new ideas (from the comics) to play with its turning into a lumbing cliche factory and its really beginning to bug me.

I'm going to get to Season 3,  but man its a lot harder work than the first 12 episodes of Season 1 made it seem like it was going to be!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 May, 2022, 10:31:38 PM
I'm going to get to Season 3,  but man its a lot harder work than the first 12 episodes of Season 1 made it seem like it was going to be!

I didn't care for S2 at all. The main problem, ISTR, is that Matt is such a whiny little twat for most of it. That, plus the lack of Fisk, made it a real slog. S3 is really good, though.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

CalHab

I heard a rumour Disney+ is going to continue the series with the same cast?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: CalHab on 24 May, 2022, 02:11:53 PM

The latest I've heard about this from that ever reliable source (ahem) Bleeding Cool

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/daredevil-disney-reportedly-taps-corman-ord-to-write-new-series/

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: CalHab on 24 May, 2022, 02:11:53 PM

It's long been rumbling that Disney liked Daredevil best out of all the Netflix offerings, and the [spoiler]Charlie Cox cameo in No Way Home[/spoiler] seems to confirm that. I wouldn't be surprised to [spoiler]see him pop up in the She-Hulk series[/spoiler] and with [spoiler]Fisk's suspiciously inconclusive off-camera 'death' in the Hawkeye series,[/spoiler] it would seem that there are a lot of pieces in place for an 'official' MCU version... to the extent that they've put a LOT of otherwise unnecessary work in if that wasn't the plan.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper McFad

A short and sharp box set addiction love death & robots on Netflix.

This is the 3rd season and I have enjoyed all 3. Yes there are some better than others and some really good ones.

It is what future shocks could have been if we had Tooth TV.

P.S. my favourite in this run is Mason's Rats
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 May, 2022, 10:31:38 PM
Daredevil Season 2 well its a good job I've heard such good things about Season 3 as getting there is beginning to feel a bit of a trial (no pun and all that). 7 episodes in and no tonal variance at all, not surprisingly I suppose - but why is there no window cleaners in Hell's Kitchen? Or cleaning products - well except in the appointments of posh baddies! Anyway while its got a lot of great new ideas (from the comics) to play with its turning into a lumbing cliche factory and its really beginning to bug me.

And if I thought the finale of Season 1 was bad boy oh boy. I mean there was the odd moment in the second half of Season 2 when I thought it might start to pull it back and improve and everytime that happened if throw itself once again into over overwrought nonsense. Karen's tale got even more implusible. The Punisher became even more unlikable while those around him seem to find ways to like him (well Karen, buit she was the only one around him). Foggy got even more pointless. The Hand grasped even tighter to cliche etc etc. Matt got even more whiny and annoying. It always found new fresh ways to get silly and terrible.

THEN in the finale when The Punisher shows up for... reasons... he does that nod to DD - at that point I giggled. They managed to top that even more with "See you around Red" - fuck me sideways that was SO BAD... it was caps lock Bad,.

Season 3 better be bloody good after that!

The Legendary Shark

Another thumbs up for Love, Death, and Robots Season 3. Superb telly from the Hilarious Night of the mini Dead to the Thoroughly Lovecraftian In Vaulted Halls Entombed to the Unashamedly Weird Jibaro, every episode has something to offer.

Rebellion - take note!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Episode One of Ms. Marvel was very cool, full of energy and humour. Looking forward to the rest of it!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Peacemaker

I blow hot and cold on James Gunn, I liked this. There's a lot of silliness which is mostly taken seriously like a Sam Raimi production, instead of being lampshaded like in Guardians of the Galaxy.

It's a spinoff from the 2nd Suicide Squad movie which is also called the Suicide Squad and I don't understand the difference.

John Cena will eventually win an oscar.
You may quote me on that.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 10 June, 2022, 02:10:12 PM

Episode One of Ms. Marvel was very cool, full of energy and humour. Looking forward to the rest of it!

Yeah, two episodes in and this is genuinely great television. The family dynamic is particularly well written (and performed); what could have been monstrous caricatures are nuanced. Plus doesn't look or sound like any other Marvel stuff.

I bet it has been really well received on Comic Book fan sites across the world. ;o)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

One of the things I enjoy most about The Boys is Homelander's fake smile. Technically every on screen smile is fake, but Anthony Starr really sells the fakeness. Proper rictus grin. And Karl Urban is his nemisis.

He'd make a great Judge Death.
You may quote me on that.