Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 17 February, 2012, 03:05:06 PM
It might not do that well at the cinema, but will probably make for it in dvd sales. Machete didn't do to well at the box office but made a lot on dvd/blu-ray. Enough to get two sequels.

Who says it might not do well at the cinema?

MR. ELIMINATOR

No one, just that people saying about competition and stuff, I should have said 'even if it doesn't do well'

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 17 February, 2012, 03:16:44 PM
No one, just that people saying about competition and stuff, I should have said 'even if it doesn't do well'

Yes you should have young man. Now kindly march your ass to the headmasters office.

Gonk

Quote from: Goaty on 17 February, 2012, 03:15:48 PM
Who says it might not do well at the cinema?

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 17 February, 2012, 05:16:16 AM
Gettin' a little worried about the September 21st release date, it's getting a bit crowded - http://collider.com/cogans-trade-scary-movie-5-butter-release-date/146106/ - I just hope it doesn't hurt Dredd's chances at the box-office, although there is no real other notable genre film released that week, so maybe that'll help bring in the CBM and geek audience demographic and work in Dredd's favour... still hopefully cautiously optimistic!

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 17 February, 2012, 03:05:06 PM
It might not do that well at the cinema, but will probably make for it in dvd sales. Machete didn't do to well at the box office but made a lot on dvd/blu-ray. Enough to get two sequels.

My perspective is that it should be o.k. at the flicks performance wise; what's probably more important is whether 2000ad fans wil reject or love the film.
coming at a cinema near you soon

IAMTHESYSTEM

-what's probably more important is whether 2000ad fans wil reject or love the film.

Our opinion is merely subjective. 100 people all see the same incident different ways. I liked the recent version of Captain America yet I thought the much praised JJ Abrams Movie Super 8 wasn't that astounding, a pale ghost of Spielberg. But that's just my opinion that alters nothing about the Movies or their subsequent success at the Box Office or their DVD sales.

DREDD to the Film's makers is just another product. So long as the Film earns a reasonable return that's all the Films Producers really care about.

Mercenary but that's show business!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Gonk

I share your cynicism iamthesystem but would formulate it a different way.

For us the film is just another product, the Film's Makers want DREDD to be something we really care about so it earns them a reasonable return.

Mercenary but that's entertainment!

bigjobs67

So Dredd Yeah. Finds himself pinned down by pure fuckin mad machine gun fire (could be an Uzi 9mm or some shit) inna Hab in Peach Tree with Judge Anderson next to him. So he pipes up. 'Hey Cass. Do ya mind if I call ya Cass?' and she shoots him a look as if to say 'You already av you dirty bastard'. And he goes 'Well, it looks like we're for the fuckin chop ere and I know there's all this bollocks about us Judges not shaggin and that, but seein as we're about to pop it do ya fancy givin us a quick 'Gamm'. Now Anderson is just about to give Dredd a fuckin good wollop round his head but just before she does he drops his keks. And do you know what saves him? That's right.
His massive fuckin helmet.
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: bigjobs67 on 17 February, 2012, 08:46:27 PM
So Dredd Yeah. Finds himself pinned down by pure fuckin mad machine gun fire (could be an Uzi 9mm or some shit) inna Hab in Peach Tree with Judge Anderson next to him. So he pipes up. 'Hey Cass. Do ya mind if I call ya Cass?' and she shoots him a look as if to say 'You already av you dirty bastard'. And he goes 'Well, it looks like we're for the fuckin chop ere and I know there's all this bollocks about us Judges not shaggin and that, but seein as we're about to pop it do ya fancy givin us a quick 'Gamm'. Now Anderson is just about to give Dredd a fuckin good wollop round his head but just before she does he drops his keks. And do you know what saves him? That's right.

Step away from the weed and ring your local drugs counsellor

bigjobs67

Just Gin and Juice tonight boy.But don't worry. I'll be sortin some high grade for later. Lol.

darnmarr

:lol:This must be some of that erotic fan-fiction I've heard about...

bigjobs67

Nah mate. That'd Giant instead Cass. It looks to me as if the the big man veers this way.

CYCLOPZ

So Santi Scinelli is cast as Resyc Man, So I wonder if We'll actually see Resyc in the film. But Who does Jason Cope play? Bad Guy number 1 maybe?

Gonk

Are you Roy Chubby Brown's joke writer in disguise bigjobs? :lol:

Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 17 February, 2012, 09:06:32 PM
So Santi Scinelli is cast as Resyc Man, So I wonder if We'll actually see Resyc in the film. But Who does Jason Cope play? Bad Guy number 1 maybe?

I should think a resyc set wouldn't be too challenging to build, just a dark tunnel with a conveyor belt and lots of bodies.

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: wonkychop on 17 February, 2012, 09:11:40 PM
I should think a resyc set wouldn't be too challenging to build, just a dark tunnel with a conveyor belt and lots of bodies.

The no imagination version, yes.

bigjobs67

Mate. I'm only sharin what I've read of the leaked film script. Just wait till the film comes out and then you'll see.