Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 20 March, 2012, 11:02:09 PM
Here's a few nice snaps of Anthony Dod Mantle shooting Dredd to tide us over

Great find, where'd you get those pics Joe...?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

IAMTHESYSTEM

The Hunger Games comes out today.

Don't think there will be anything DREDD related but Lionsgate is distributing both Films.

The reviews seem very positive for Hunger Games unlike John Carter which is receiving a critical slaying.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Goaty

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 23 March, 2012, 12:56:47 PM
The Hunger Games comes out today.

Don't think there will be anything DREDD related but Lionsgate is distributing both Films.

The reviews seem very positive for Hunger Games unlike John Carter which is receiving a critical slaying.

Also Cabin in the Woods which is out in few weeks...

Waltev

Wouldn't want to raise any false hopes / conspiracy theories, but I just received a Google alert last night that pointed to Youtube with a link that said "Dredd movie trailer 2012 - YouTube".

I treated this as just another 1995 disaster re-edit by a fan (or he, who shall not be named) but surprise, surprise - when I clicked the link I was presented with the page that said the account had been terminated (see attachment).

So, here goes what's usually called "jumping to conclusions":

1. There IS a trailer
2. Somebody in the know has nicked it and tried to leak it on YouTube
3. ... but wasn't counting on the fact that Lionsgate obviously also know how to use Google Alert...  :lol:

Just a theory guys, but one that - yet again - gives me ungrounded hope  :)

Angry Vince

When you google it, the description is 'fan edit' - so don't get your hopes up, sounds like someone has cobbled together various clips and pics.
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Waltev

Quote from: Angry Vince on 27 March, 2012, 07:08:45 AM
When you google it, the description is 'fan edit' - so don't get your hopes up, sounds like someone has cobbled together various clips and pics.

Damn!!!

Serves me right... That's what I get for letting a glimmer of hope to emerge.

Well, off to the Valley of Despair again, then...

Angry Vince

'S alright. Everyone here is in a constant state of nervous anticipation waiting for some tiny snippet of information. On the day the real trailer gets released the UK will be under a white out as the combined fannage* of Dredd blow their loads...

*It's new word, just made up for the occasion. If you too would like words made up for your special occasion we have the following custom made words available for sale now:
-grimpness
-embuggary
-squelchaphilia
-enflagulate**

** may be shop soiled.

Steve Green

I noticed someone has put a 12-part 'Dredd' 2012 on youtube which consists of stills of other films. Not sure what the point of someone going to that effort is... I'd guessed they're trying to get some kind of revenue, by posting links to the full film, which they don't have either.

It's a baffling business model.

Similarly there was a fake torrent which turned out to be some piece of crap Syfy film...

Bat King

Teach you to look for one... lol
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Steve Green on 27 March, 2012, 10:32:52 PM
Similarly there was a fake torrent which turned out to be some piece of crap Syfy film...

Was Sylvester Stallone in it?

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Angry Vince

Mockbuster like Transmorfers? Drudge Jedd?

Steve Green

Wasn't looking for it, but was searching twitter for Dredd mentions and it cropped up.

Can't remember who was in it, but it was something along the lines of mega shark...

Angry Vince

This I'll have to see! A mockbuster of Dredd 2012 would make Dredd 1995 look like Citizen Kane.
Or have I got that the wrong way around?

Either way, could be good for a larf.

vzzbux

Probably will call the mock up Dread the future clone cop.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.