Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 May, 2012, 12:30:51 AM
Quote from: Stan on 18 May, 2012, 12:28:27 AM
I hadn't really considered the huge collar restricting movement in such a way that it forces the helmet right up over the nose. That's a slightly annoying screw up if true.

I haven't seen the neck-brace touching the helmet at all in any of the photos.

I haven't either. Just wondering if certain scenes have caused some to fiddle with the helmet's positioning. To be honest though, I don't even recall thinking about it when viewing the showreel footage. Maybe it's just one of those things that is only visible in stills.

Stan

MR. ELIMINATOR

I like the retro vibe of the logo, but it does seem quite a sloppy job in general.

JOE SOAP

It is more likely created by the Hollywood Reporter for the cover of their magazine. The whole image is photoshopped to fuck.

Beaky Smoochies

Ypou've been quite the busy beaver today, Joe, and long may you continue, sterling work :thumbsup: !  Great news all round regarding Dredd's first public screening, but is that pic on the 'Hollywood Reporter' a photo or drawing... it wouldn't perhaps be work Jock did for the movie!?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

DeFuzzed

It's a good thing it's on the cover of Hollywood Reporter, right? Or am I just clutching at straws?

I mean, they could have gone for Looper or something with more well-known stars/material. Right?

Or does each film have their own 'daily' leaflet/mag/poster thing?

Regardless, very happy-making just to get something new :)

Stan

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 May, 2012, 01:41:56 AM
It is more likely created by the Hollywood Reporter for the cover of their magazine. The whole image is photoshopped to fuck.

I did wonder what those blobby spark things were meant to be.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Nice find Joe! Those Judges in that pic on the previous page correct me if im wrong but arent Judges supposed to be a certain regulation height ? Because by the look of them they look like jimps to me.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Danbo

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 17 May, 2012, 09:58:38 PM
This pic is from the ipad version of Empire magazine released last September which allows you to view their printed pictures in two different formats, generally.

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 17 May, 2012, 05:53:23 PM

Thats why I was a little hesitant,felt familiar although I had never seen it.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

karlurbaninternational

Syne

I'm really excited about this film, and can't wait to see the whole thing for myself. The advance press about its gritty look, etc, is intriguing.

Judge Lex looks fantastic. But - and I really hate to say this - the way the helmets of the other three judges are sitting, particularly the two foremost ones, look ridiculous. I'm kinda perturbed that outfits that characters looking that silly are showing up in the promo shots. Am I alone in this?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: DeFuzzed on 18 May, 2012, 02:42:11 AMI mean, they could have gone for Looper or something with more well-known stars/material. Right?

It's a daily magazine for each day of Cannes.

Goaty

Quote from: karlurbaninternational on 18 May, 2012, 05:40:42 AM
Seems like Dredd is doing great in Cannes. (maybe november coming soon)

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/cloud-atlas-dredd-looper-magic-mike-cannes-screenings/

Of today's Dredd screening, IM Global's Stuart Ford says, "The reaction was great. It was as packed as any screening I've seen in Cannes. There were people sitting on the floor in the front and the back of the room." (And that was after the air-conditioning had gone on the blink just ahead of the movie; Ford says there were no walkouts, "even though it was about a hundred degrees.") Dredd, directed by Pete Travis, stars Karl Urban, Olivia Thirlby and Lena Headey. It's a project that would also normally have been set up at a studio, but instead, Reliance Big Entertainment and IM Global financed DNA Films' $40M adaptation of the UK comic created by John Wagner and illustrated by Carlos Ezquerra. Today's screening allowed "people who bought it for a lot of money 18 months ago" to get a look at what Ford says is "an edgy, cool film with a rocking soundtrack." Compared to other superhero pictures coming down the pike, Ford says it "appears very fresh and distinctive. It's Dirty Harry meets District 9." Lionsgate is releasing in the U.S. on September 21 and there are two territories remaining that Ford expects to close possibly "before the evening is out."

Nice!!

Radbacker

QuoteLionsgate is releasing in the U.S. on September 21 and there are two territories remaining that Ford expects to close possibly "before the evening is out."
Okay that terrifies me, does this mean that Dredd only has distributuion in the US and UK at the moment?  I really need an answer if anyone official can just put my mind at rest, this is gonna get an Australian Cinema release isn't it? this talk of territories worries me that us being a smaller market on the other side of the world may just not be an important enough market for anyone to bother releasing it, please someone tell me i'm just being paranoid!

CU Radabcker

James Stacey

If there are only 2 territories remaining and they are expected to be closed by the end of the day, you needn't worry either way shirly?