Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

dracula1

Burn it down by Linking Park as part of the rocking score described in the interview would be awesome.  If it sounds anything like DROKK...then oh! dear!

radiator

He said 'contemporary', not 'dated, tedious nu-metal cack'.

radiator

If this is the song you mean, then sorry but it would be more at home on an episode of 90210 or One Tree Hill than a Dredd movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm1WOBqT0hA

James Stacey

wasnt that track played over the credits of the last Dredd film :)

MR. ELIMINATOR

Linking Park would ruin this film completely.

I like the sound of Drokk too, sounded a lot like early John Carpenter soundtracks.

DeFuzzed

Gotta agree with radiator - that reminds me too much of Robert Miles and Sash.

DeFuzzed

Just listened to DROKK, lawmaster/pursuit one, and I don't like that either - too TRONesque.

The Sherman Kid

Beeks

Drokk are shite..sorry
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

radiator

DROKK is an album, not a band.

While it took a little time to grow on me, I actually think its kinda brilliant, would've really suited the tone of the film DREDD is going to be. It reminds me of the best recent movie soundtracks, such as Attack the Block, Sunshine, Drive and, yes, Tron: Legacy.

And yes the bloke in the linked interview is Stuart Ford, the same guy behind the Cannes quotes. While he is obviously going to say positive things about the film (his company paid for it), he at least seems to know exactly what he's talking about. Deadpan' is a good choice of word to describe Dredd - and he seems to understand the whole appeal of the character - he may not be 'likable', but there's no one you'd rather have on your side in a tight spot.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Beeks on 22 May, 2012, 05:25:10 PM
Drokk are shite..sorry

To quote Geoff Barrow of DROKK; you either get it or you don't. You don't.

It's definitely not 'shite'. I don't know if it would be right for the film though, as it certainly wears it's retro influences on it's sleeve. I suspect we'll be hearing a much more modern sounding electronic soundtrack.

For the love of grud, please, no heavy metal. Especially not Anthrax or Linkin (I don't like them but at least I can spell their name) Park.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Stan

Quote from: strontium71 on 21 May, 2012, 10:08:11 PM
Why is it that when you bugger up a quote and a comment , the modify button isn't there. One of lifes little mysteries...

Yeah, that's really annoying. My spleling is always crap the first time round.

Beeks

What about Cliff Martinez? That Drive soundtrack was arsom
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

radiator

It all depends on the tone they are going for -for a more humorous, Bisley-styled cgi-heavy, Sin City/300 take on the character a rock soundtrack would probably work quite well - but for the type of film they have actually made, ambient/moody electronica seems by far the best fit IMO.