Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

"Things are getting rough, Anderson. We'd better set our lawgivers to MAGIC."
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mario Di Giacomo

I'm guessing the ?? might be "in" for incendiary.  Using "x" for explosive makes some sense... "ml" for standard execution... less so.
Mario Di Giacomo

Michaelvk

Quote from: bewareofgeek on 08 June, 2012, 09:09:37 PM
Quote from: Michaelvk on 08 June, 2012, 09:07:32 PM
Quote from: bewareofgeek on 08 June, 2012, 08:57:24 PM
Quote from: strontium71 on 08 June, 2012, 07:06:34 PM
You must be so happy now , Michael , now that the images are coming out and you you can speak more freely!
What does the writing say on the Lawgiver? I can't quite read it other than 'SEMI'

Looks like they may be ammo counters.  It's blurry, but it looks like:

0.0.0|00ap|03??|021x|051ml

ap = armour-piercing?
The others would be other ammo type.

Yup.. Armour piercing, High explosive and incendiary, if I recall correctly.. Oh, and standard 9mm.. I think ..

Cool.  You wouldn't happen to remember the actual abbreviations used. would you?

Alas not.. AP.. INC?.. HE...? As I said.. Bit fuzzy on it nowadays..

No double whammy..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Michaelvk

Found an animation...

D:0.0 | 25 AP 25 INC 25HE 150FMJ

I -think- the D:0.0 is the distance to target.. AP is armour piercing, INC is incendiary, HE is high explosive and FMJ is full metal jacket..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

jay jay

what did you find?

Michaelvk

Calm down. It's not online, nor will it be.  :)

SKD

I'm more than happy with what I've seen so far. It's not comic book Dredd (I don't think it ever will be), but that's what we buy the prog and the meg for. The cityscape looks great and sits perfectly with the real world styling of the judges uniforms. The vehicles have wheels, so what, they're not the focus of the story. The teaser poster is just that, a tease. showing a bit of the helmet, a shoulder pad, the gun, and the badge. Dredd. The man himself is still in the shadows, much like the film. But, as the tag line announces, 'Judgement Is Coming' and by grud i'm looking forward to it. This might not be the Dredd film we would have liked, but it might just be the quality Dredd film we all need.

Stew. :D

pauljholden

I like it - poster and skyline shot (which, to me, looks like its way up on the air).  Buildings remind me of Ron Smiths buildings which were always more like enlarged skyscrapers than the odd rounded cities of mcmahons mgeacity1

Mario Di Giacomo

Quote from: Michaelvk on 08 June, 2012, 09:25:53 PM
Found an animation...

D:0.0 | 25 AP 25 INC 25HE 150FMJ

I -think- the D:0.0 is the distance to target.. AP is armour piercing, INC is incendiary, HE is high explosive and FMJ is full metal jacket..

Cheers.  I'm trying to make that match with the picture, and I just can't.  But I'm sure the movie will.  :D
Mario Di Giacomo

darren1973

For all the latest on the Dredd movie - and a whole heap of other stuff, check out the review blog
Darren's World of Entertainment http://darrens-world-of-entertainment.blogspot.co.nz/

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Blimey nearly 250 pages! Be more in the region of 500 when the trailers due.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

SKD

On the forward facing shot released on wednesday you can see what appears to be a gas grenade on Dredds belt. And in the picture of Dredd advancing while shooting up the stairs, he looks as if he is walking through a dispersing cloud of green gas.(Though his respirator seems to be up.) I wonder, could this be Stumm Gas?

Stew. 

Michaelvk

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 08 June, 2012, 10:01:09 PM
Blimey nearly 250 pages! Be more in the region of 500 when the trailers due.

By the time the trailer hits most of us will be in a post orgasmic coma..

blackmocco

Already am, Michael. Made my day, this stuff has...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Hawkmumbler

Loveing the poster and the city scape. This can do no wrong I tell ye.