Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beeks

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Michaelvk

Quote from: blackmocco on 08 June, 2012, 10:14:36 PM
Already am, Michael. Made my day, this stuff has...

Like Yoda, you talk.. :)
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Adrian Bamforth

You know Dredd in deep shadow makes me think of Jock's atmospheric artwork - I'd be surprised if the original sketch of the poster doesn't appear on his web page eventually.

I like the blocks being quite distinct from their appearance in the strips - they would seem to suit the film as we understand it, emphasising a dystopian near future rather than sci-fi adventure... as well as allowing more real world locations and making it disctince from the earlier film, pretty as the scenery was for that. They actually make me think of 1960s tower blocks, writ large? A film has less time to convey it's world, and I'm not sure there is much obvious logic in nuclear war leading hovercars.... which actually look a lot of fun. There's certainly no point in attempting to compete with the big budget fantasy movies.

dracula1

The wonderful picture of the Cityscape is packed with info'. I've not read the script and don't want to. The suited up low tech geezers in the distance maybe old guard rioters cops struggling to cope with the developing Megs crime rate!?  .... Enter the new judicial replacement,  .... Dredd and a new team of judges??

...Oh!  to dream!  ::)

W. R. Logan

Why is what should possibly be one of the most exciting threads on the board have turned out to be one of the longest and most boring.

Misanthrope

Well that pissed on everybody's chips.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: Misanthrope on 08 June, 2012, 11:32:24 PM
Well that pissed on everybody's chips.

I kinda like soggy chips but not pissed on ones :|
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Stu101

Mardroid

Great poster. Very atmospheric. Makes Dredd look.... well a bit like a hollow suit really. An extension of the fact half his face is normally hidden, and it works very well.

As for the city-scape, while there is none of the curvaceous architecture of the comics, there is a touch of the comics flavour. Just in rectangular form. I know that probably comes across like a contradiction but I really see a kind of suggestion in their shapes, something about the width at the top. It's certainly not just a bunch of New York style skyscrapers.

Looks good.

blackmocco

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 08 June, 2012, 11:12:50 PM
Why is what should possibly be one of the most exciting threads on the board have turned out to be one of the longest and most boring.

Answers on a postcard to:

BBC Television centre
London
NW1 8TQ
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Goaty

Come on, we get new poster, two new pictures, I was exciting as was out in town tonight with friends cos of my birthday tomorrow. I notice those pictures on my mobile, wow, what is that! Is that enough? What needs to moans about? I can says it still brilliant and very excited till 7th Sept! It can be dark and brilliant! If any of you moans it if only few things, one thing, WHATEVER!

karlurbaninternational

Beautiful Poster *_* *6h late but who cares*

M.I.K.

Quote from: Mardroid on 08 June, 2012, 11:49:07 PM
Great poster. Very atmospheric. Makes Dredd look.... well a bit like a hollow suit really. An extension of the fact half his face is normally hidden, and it works very well.

...and nowhere on that poster is there even any indication of who's playing the role. Bit unusual.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: M.I.K. on 09 June, 2012, 12:13:11 AM
Quote from: Mardroid on 08 June, 2012, 11:49:07 PM

...and nowhere on that poster is there even any indication of who's playing the role. Bit unusual.

It's Karl Urban.   ::)

:P

Stan

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 08 June, 2012, 11:12:50 PM

Because.