Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaky Smoochies

Phew, having just trawled through nearly twenty pages of this thread just to catch up (late to the party as usual and everyone's already well drunk on giddiness), have to say a few things, will be to-the-point and brief;

1) Awesome teaser poster, LOVE the official logo, and Dredd in shadow, nice...

2) ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Mega-City One still, dear grud, that is gorgeous, not a single complaint about it, and I don't mind the paddy wagons, not one bit, gives it a nice futuristic retro look and feel that totally works...

3) Love the extended shot of Dredd in action, just a wider shot of one already seen, but I'll take it, great stuff...

Hearty congrats to everyone involved in the making of Dredd, this is going to be one HELL of not only a great movie but ONE HELL of a JUDGE DREDD movie... and that is the most exciting thing of all, oh, and for the person who said here that this may not be the Dredd film that everyone wants but it'll be the Dredd film that we need, speak for yourself mate, THIS IS the Dredd film that I at least very much want; gritty, greasy, grimy, visceral, violent, kinetic, bloody, brilliant, awesome, just my opinion anyway...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Adventurer on 08 June, 2012, 08:18:36 PM

Also the skyline doesn't look nearly choked out by buildings that can hold the population of a small city enough.

Now I'm not saying it looks BAD, I'm just saying my first impression for the presentation of Mega-City 1 doesn't feel nearly overwhelming enough. At the very least Stallone Dredd got that right.

You're seeing MC-1 at its highest level, I'm sure below the highest buildings is an overcrowded hole of a place.

Quote from: The Adventurer on 08 June, 2012, 08:18:36 PM
I hope 'boring looking wheeled trucks' was Wagner's 'minor complaint at the beginning' when he got to watch the film.

He all ready said it was.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Oh, in some ways I wished they didn't release all this stuff as now the excitement is un-containable!!

MR. ELIMINATOR

dredd is 97% on JoBlo's pimp o meter I think. I don't know what that means,but surely good for dredd awareness right?

Diminished Responsibility

Its all good dude! These new images are just killing any negativity I've seen anywhere. Loving it!
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

JOE SOAP

Can we lose the "dudes". This is MC-1 not L.A.

Wow, you're grumpy...

JOE SOAP

blackmocco

Man, everyone's favorite critic is mauling all this goodwill with a vengeance on aintitcool's forum. Wagner's been paid off to say good things about the movie, apparently and Alex Garland's a hack.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

JOE SOAP

and I've a feeling he's not too far away...

You're assuming its me... aren't you? Would it ease your mind if I gave you my facebook page? would sort this out I guess.

blackmocco

Can't keep up. Haha! He's like Sybil.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Stan

I think Empire's assumption may be correct in the case of the Meg shot at least. It kinda makes sense to play it safe and grab something from the trailer. Especially if you have a record of releasing spoiler information with your photos.  >:( Though I suppose we were all under the impression we'd see a trailer soon anyway.

We're hopeful that the stills look like they've been culled from a trailer, so we'll see something soon.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34226

MR. ELIMINATOR

It's going to be so good. I REALLY HOPE SO. Script was great, images are great. ALL IT TAKES IS SOUNDTRACK AND ACTING.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Stan on 09 June, 2012, 03:28:18 AM
I think Empire's assumption may be correct in the case of the Meg shot at least. It kinda makes sense to play it safe and grab something from the trailer. Especially if you have a record of releasing spoiler information with your photos.  >:( Though I suppose we were all under the impression we'd see a trailer soon anyway.

We're hopeful that the stills look like they've been culled from a trailer, so we'll see something soon.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34226

I think empire are jealous because they didn't get the next exclusive.

Clearly more them then anyone should understand the over hype problem after the recent Prometheus fiasco. As much as I want to see more of Dredd, the less they show maybe the better? I don't know.