Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Steve Green

No dissent will be tolerated.

Those dissenters will be given a chill pill.

darnmarr

Diminished Responsibility

When I heard the film would be about Dredd taking a rookie for evaluation, i didn't realise it would be this basic!

"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

strontium71

...because I hate you.

darnmarr

:DIn the same vein then:

Noisybast

Remember how the vans looked daft in the spy pics, but turned out to fit quite well in the recent hi-res photo? That, but with fewer wheels.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Danbo

Needs more cowbell
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Stella Dave

Footage shots nearly always look a bit disappointing. Look at the leaked Batman and Bane footage on the steps we seen, it looked well naff but in the trailer it looks great. I think everything will look a lot different in the film, way darker and grittier. Bring it on!

James

Quote from: Noisybast on 15 June, 2012, 07:08:22 PM
Remember how the vans looked daft in the spy pics, but turned out to fit quite well in the recent hi-res photo? That, but with fewer wheels.

Well said.

Beeks

I think someone mentioned way way back on this thread

But I reckon it's going to have a distinctly 'Children Of Men' feel to it

Which can't be a bad thing
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Goaty

Quote from: Beeks on 15 June, 2012, 07:45:16 PM
I think someone mentioned way way back on this thread

But I reckon it's going to have a distinctly 'Children Of Men' feel to it

Which can't be a bad thing

That what I feelings too... :)

radiator

Yeah, there's a lot of conparisons to Chhildren of Men and District 9.

Those are basically my two favourite films of the last few years, and if Dredd is half as good as either i'll be thrilled.

darnmarr

Quote from: Noisybast on 15 June, 2012, 07:08:22 PM
So, (as with the van spy-pics) you agree that the cits look less than impressive in these snaps; and hope for better from the actual film then... that's exactly the point I've been trying to articulate.

A 'Children of Men' vibe sounds very cool,and I'm sure it'll all fit together in a satisfying and believable way, but citizens indistinguishable from crew was a bit of a shock.

HunterZolomon

The guys to the left in red and orange could work. It's the Banana Republic guy in shorts that looks like part of the crew. I hope.