Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stella Dave

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 June, 2012, 10:28:04 AM
Quote from: Stella Dave on 17 June, 2012, 10:07:21 AMMocco, the world awaits YOUR (Honest Scot's) review! No pressure... :lol:

Are you saying Blackmocco is S*o*o?
Que? No idea wot that means. If it's 'stating the obvious' or sommit? I apologise if he's not Scot's  :rolleyes: . I presumed so from the "Yiz" and his avatar. :-[

Frank

Quote from: Stella Dave on 17 June, 2012, 11:28:36 AM
Quote from: Stella Dave on 17 June, 2012, 10:07:21 AMMocco, the world awaits YOUR (Honest Scot's) review! No pressure... :lol:
Que? No idea wot that means. If it's 'stating the obvious' or sommit? I apologise if he's not Scot's  :rolleyes: . I presumed so from the "Yiz" and his avatar. :-[

Blackmocco's one of the many Irishmen who frequent these parts, rather than a Jock. We both talk funny.

Diminished Responsibility

Well one other person has declared on Facebook that he has tickets, and judging by the Sabbath references I'd guess the guy is Blackmocco. So which one of us is really 'The Thing'?

I want a sample from all of you!
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

JOE SOAP

Quote from: bikini kill on 17 June, 2012, 11:37:50 AM

Blackmocco's one of the many Irishmen who frequent these parts, rather than a Jock. We both talk funny.

A Dublin man and no less than a character designer for Family Guy.

TordelBack

Apologies for any confusion.  I was (weakly) jokingly suggesting that your use of the term 'Honest Scot' for notorious potato-muncher Blackmocco was a reference to Scott Nestle, insane arsehole extraordinaire, and likely real name of 'Stone Jones' over on Facebook.  I neither meant it, nor achieved my comedic goal.

Stella Dave

Ah, hence the awesome avatar!

:lol: no prob, I've only got 30 posts so I'm not too clued up on forum banter etc. but I am unfort already aware of the a$$hole on Facebook and his bitterness.

"Jock" I hate that!  :lol: Almost as bad as "Scotch".

Frank

Quote from: Diminished Responsibility on 17 June, 2012, 11:48:42 AM
Well one other person has declared on Facebook that he has tickets, and judging by the Sabbath references I'd guess the guy is Blackmocco. So which one of us is really 'The Thing'? I want a sample from all of you!

That's exactly what he'd say ... This is the kind of moronic questionnaire Blackmocco will be asked to fill out before leaving the theatre. CLICK

Honestly; 'rate the story, pace and ending out of five'- compared to WHAT? The Bible's the best selling book of all time, does that mean it gets a 'five' for storytelling? Because I've never managed to read the whole thing. Does Dredd (2012) lose a mark for not having an ending as mental as the Book of Revelations? Would Dredd be improved by adding a few gnarly plagues and an upbeat, feelgood crucifixion? What's your fucking context and frame of reference?!

I'm with the late Bill Hicks on the artistic value of test audiences (1m 40s).

Syne

A pair of "magical scissors?" So that's how directors make movies. . .

darnmarr

Quote from: Pete Wells on 17 June, 2012, 09:38:33 AM
Quote from: blackmocco on 17 June, 2012, 03:38:50 AM
Unfortunately, I don't know if my opinion can be objective at first. Haha! I thought Stallone's one was great for about six months until sanity slowly seeped in...
...I was exactly the same about the Stallone Dredd for about the same length of time. Attack of the Clones too, I think I was too blinded by love of the subject matter to be objective.
'The-desire-for-something-to-be-good-being-so-strong-that-it-initially-outweighs-the-evidence-of-your-own-eyes-and-ears'
We've all had it: future generations may call it 'The Prometheus Syndrome'.

Well done Mocco!

Danbo

Phantom Menace did it to me,I have however had it the opposite way around with Lord of the Rings amd the Matrix,hated them at first ,now I love them?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

darnmarr

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 17 June, 2012, 01:22:09 PM
Phantom Menace did it to me,I have however had it the opposite way around with Lord of the Rings amd the Matrix,hated them at first ,now I love them?
The "It must be shite" effect; a common symtom of those suffering from severe post-"Prometheus Syndrome" taste-trauma.

darnmarr

Quote from: CraveNoir on 17 June, 2012, 09:42:37 AM
Just tell us the nonscrots' reactions.
  :)
If 'nonscrots' is the term for those uninitiated in all things Dreddy; does that not make the rest of us sound like... um... a bunch of hairy bean-bags?

Zarjazzer

I's like winning the golden ticket from Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Good fortune on the quest young blackmocco, please return safe with the elixir of " Hi-Ex hit,  '95 miss, or Prometheus."

And I'm no Thing tasty humans.

whoops. :o
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

strontium71

I saw the Matrix in London when it first came out and thought it was a right snore-fest and I also like it much better now. Same goes for Empire Strikes Back - fell asleep numerous times yet now think it's the best of the six!
...because I hate you.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: darnmarr on 17 June, 2012, 01:46:41 PM
Quote from: CraveNoir on 17 June, 2012, 09:42:37 AM
Just tell us the nonscrots' reactions.
  :)
If 'nonscrots' is the term for those uninitiated in all things Dreddy; does that not make the rest of us sound like... um... a bunch of hairy bean-bags?

You mean 'scrotes', with the all important 'e'.  Big big difference, except maybe to the uninitiated, but that's their fault for not reading the Galaxy's Greatest Comic.