Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Stephens

Wow, that's such a nice gesture. Whattaguy!  :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

blackmocco

Quote from: dracula1 on 29 June, 2012, 06:43:38 PM
Looks like Mr. Garlands a talented artist as well going by the accompanying sketch.  Well deserved Blackmocco :-)

Haha! I wouldn't go that far. All I did was not get into a screening of the movie!

Very touching gesture though and between this and the cityblocks in the movie being named appropriately, it's quite heart-warming to see Dredd's in the hands of good people who genuinely care about him and by extension, the people who've lived vicariously through him reading the strip over the years.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

darnmarr

Wow. Just... wow. That's got me beaming like a loon: nice one 'Mocco!

Pete Wells

What a lovely guy Alex Garland is, chuffed for you Mocco.

darnmarr

Quote from: blackmocco on 29 June, 2012, 06:52:32 PM
Haha! I wouldn't go that far. All I did was not get into a screening of the movie!
Fate was cruel and Mr Garland redressed the universal balance...'twas justice in action!

Goaty

Really glad, mocco.

Dredd movie is in good hands!

Cheeky question, the screening you miss out, how many people or seats was it? If it many so that is good faith!

blackmocco

Seemed like a good few hundred, Goaty. Line was huge when we got there...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

karlurbaninternational

I have the feeling this forum already knows but,

Karl is coming next week to London. And present DREDD. At the Lhttp://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/
This news is fresh and going through the fangirl corners.

Goaty

Quote from: blackmocco on 29 June, 2012, 07:27:34 PM
Seemed like a good few hundred, Goaty. Line was huge when we got there...

Awesome!

Oh sorry forgot what word 200AD posters used here?

golledge100

If Alex Garland is reading this then I was behind Blackmocco in the queue and was even more gutted than he was. I'm just too proud to whinge about it!
PM me for my address  ;)

Steve Green

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: golledge100 on 29 June, 2012, 07:40:14 PM
If Alex Garland is reading this then I was behind Blackmocco in the queue and was even more gutted than he was. I'm just too proud to whinge about it!
PM me for my address  ;)

*cough* and ermm yeah I remember blackmocco being infront of me we exchanged a couple of progs whilst waiting and erm, well you know to say I was gutted not getting in was an understatement, say erm do you do paypal ? ;)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Steve Green

Misery truly loves company ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

What a lovely thing to do from Alex, now what are you gonna spend those credits on blackmocco? I hear there is some Slo-mo going cheap  ;)

ming

Man, that's GREAT, blackmocco.  Almost (almost) makes up for you missing out on the screening; a really stunning gesture.