Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 29 June, 2012, 08:13:52 PM
What a lovely thing to do from Alex, now what are you gonna spend those credits on blackmocco? I hear there is some Slo-mo going cheap  ;)

Getting me an Umpty bar, CF.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

COMMANDO FORCES

That would be brilliant if there was some Umpty on display in the film. They may be on those stalls at the base of the city block!

ming

And I forgot to post what I was going to post...

Looking at those shots of the Big Meg, it could easily be seen as early in the development of the city as we know it, with the first mammoth blocks going up and dwarfing everything else around... You can imagine (well, I can) places like the Lowlife being crowded out and neglected as the city grows above them.  The Big Meg wasn't built in a day, after all.

Now I'm wondering: will the Statue of Liberty make an appearance?  Would make the sheer scale of the city very, very clear from the get-go.

(I'm not holding out for the Statue of Judgment just yet, or the White Cliffs of Dover - awesome though they'd be.)

IAMTHESYSTEM

Grand note from Alex Garland to blackmocco who braved the queue but was frustrated at the last. Great looking DREDD and a genuine Movie prop from the DREDD Film! Do you think some of the Film people read the threads? >Gasp< I've said bad things about all of them?!

50 creds buys a lot of Slo Mo and Umpty Candy...er, so I've heard. Not that I know of course. Keep Filth like that in Peach Trees I say!

Congrats again to blackmocco who must be feeling a little better than he was before.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

nicklarr

Quote from: Stan on 29 June, 2012, 02:44:08 PM
Having just got around to Apocalypse War (only 30 years late!) I'm wondering if there's any mention of other cities in the leaked stuff? Seeing as the film itself appears a little formulaic I'm probably more intrigued to see how they introduce Dredd's world in the first 5 minutes or so.

Wasn't there a mention of Hondo City on a Hot-Dog stand or something..? Faintly remember one of the first leaked pics..?

Misanthrope

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Stan

Little movie remix of an old wallpaper..

Quote from: nicklarr on 29 June, 2012, 09:40:16 PM
Quote from: Stan on 29 June, 2012, 02:44:08 PM
Having just got around to Apocalypse War (only 30 years late!) I'm wondering if there's any mention of other cities in the leaked stuff? Seeing as the film itself appears a little formulaic I'm probably more intrigued to see how they introduce Dredd's world in the first 5 minutes or so.

Wasn't there a mention of Hondo City on a Hot-Dog stand or something..? Faintly remember one of the first leaked pics..?

You're right. 'HONDO TASTE, MEGA CITY ONE STYLE. NOODLE BAR'.

Misanthrope

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

norse_sage

Quote from: Steve Green on 29 June, 2012, 07:45:15 PM
Looks like there is a specific Dredd presentation according to the forum.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?s=9079c121778e2a951344c56be0698ea1&showtopic=76625

I can't believe it.
Every year, there is at least one movie I really REALLY look forward to, and every year I have the rather hopeless wish that said movie would have a stand at a UK convention (which is within travel distance) with the stars and the lot present. This year, it actually happened. Going to the UK is so easy, I just book the flight and go.

I just wish they told me last week instead, because that was when I booked my tickets for the Canary Islands, where I'll be for the duration of the event. First year in the last three I don't go, and this is what happens. Damn!!!

Worse yet, I travel there via the UK, so I'll actually be in London both before and immediately after the event, but not during it >:(

Michaelvk

That's really really cool! Alex is a pretty awesome guy, and I had the privilege of running into him a few times around the set.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

norse_sage

hat's really cool of him, and way beyond the call of duty.
And on top of that, he gets Dredd.
I am very glad we have someone like him spearheading Judge Dredd on film.

dracula1

I wonder if Mr.Garland will be involved in more than just the movie (s) ?

Goaty

Syne

Quote from: Goaty on 29 June, 2012, 11:24:45 PM
Large Verison

Man, I want to live in O'Neil Block.

nicklarr

To be honest, those city-shots looks a lot more futuristic than I had hoped for
Meaning that they're much better than I expected  :thumbsup:

The look they've created totally kicks arsomness!!!