Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Quite - look at the relationship between George Lucas and Irvin Kershner and Richard Marquand...

Danbo

And ALL the Marvel films.

I still say Spielberg was born to direct Captain America  >:(
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Diminished Responsibility

Yeah, I understand what your saying here, for instance; Danny Boyle is well credited with 28 Days later, yet you won't see much mention of Juan Carlos Fresnadillo for directing the follow up.

Still, in this press release they talk about the writer, the actors, the producers and the cinematographer, but not the director? Regardless of the hired gun status, it feels a bit off. He was an important part of the creative team.

Anyway, the big plus I got from reading the press release was that they are all stoked for this move, there's plenty of talk of a franchise and sequels. They sound universally confident that they are bringing us the goods. Yeah its a press release, what should I expect, but it sounds genuine.

"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

Danbo

All we can do is suck it and see,and it's not like and 'name' directors have never made shit films.
It's a fingers crossed situation either way.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Stan

"Thirlby has what Reich calls an "Indie New York actress" vibe to her and "that works perfectly. Anderson was based on Debbie Harry in John Wagner's mind and that key vibe Olivia has in spades. Dredd doesn't take his helmet off and that is hard for an actor and an audience and Anderson can't wear a helmet, luckily, because it interferes with her psychic ability. We can see her eyes, so she is our human way into the film and it was important to have an actress who could show that vulnerability as well as the strength to be a judge.""

Anne Lewis.

Goaty

Dredd 3D Facebook and Dredd offical website updated their cover; would like know what font it is, as 3 looks good.

JOE SOAP

I believe it's Agency FB Bold.

strontium71

It could almost be the eye bit of the helmet if you turn it on its side.
...because I hate you.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Stan on 05 July, 2012, 09:56:01 PM

Anne Lewis.

While I don't think Nancy Allen ever had a New York indie vibe the RoboCop ref is there, but, the Cass Anderson and Joe Dredd partnership was around a lot earlier than RoboWeller hit the kinoplex.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Goaty on 05 July, 2012, 11:52:14 AM
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 05 July, 2012, 11:51:26 AM
Yeah, that was really cool of Urban. Looks like we may get to hear the word creep after all. I sure hope so.

Er... we did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elmeQVFKe8c

In the movie.

Quote from: Goaty on 05 July, 2012, 11:16:18 PM
Dredd 3D Facebook and Dredd offical website updated their cover; would like know what font it is, as 3 looks good.

Is that the same font as the old one? Looks slightly different, maybe the colour or texture?

MR. ELIMINATOR

Looking at my sig, thinner it seems.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 06 July, 2012, 12:09:31 AM
Is that the same font as the old one? Looks slightly different, maybe the colour or texture?

It's the same font.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 06 July, 2012, 12:23:28 AM
Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 06 July, 2012, 12:09:31 AM

It's the same font.

Same font family, just ones condensed.

http://fontzone.net/download/Agency+FB+Bold/
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 05 July, 2012, 07:30:55 AM
Go on then Beaky, i'll bite- explain how V for Vendetta was about a noble right wing government and an evil freedom fighter in such a way that the audience's sympathies were significantly different than that of the movie.
SBT

It's not, IIRC, V for Vendetta - the graphic novel - was more or less about the two polar absolutes of totalitarianism and anarchism, whereas V for Vendetta - the film - changed that emphasis to turn the 'freedom fighters' into noble liberal warriors, they even mentioned it sometime around it's theatrical release about the change in certain aspects of the script to more reflect the Bush-era world it was made in, and whatever I may think of the Wachowski's personal politics (not to mention their personal 'proclivities', read the Rolling Stone article from a few years back for that sordid story), I actually really wish they'd directed ...Vendetta themselves rather than making or after finishing the Matrix sequels, they're genuinely talented and interesting filmmakers, and a darn sight better than James McTeague, still, roll on Cloud Atlas, that's going to be one unique film, however it turns out...

Quote from: Steve Green on 05 July, 2012, 05:32:19 PM
Quite - look at the relationship between George Lucas and Irvin Kershner and Richard Marquand...

That's what I've thought all along, Pete Travis was hired to direct Dredd on a purely technical capacity, the vision for that film is and always was DNA's...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Goaty

Jock tweet that he off to see Dredd in London today, lucky bugger!

Hope his reaction is good.