Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

It's old school Dredd and should be followed by Revolution rather than Judge Death.

Danbo

Dredd V's Satanus   :o  could I dare to dream such AWESOME.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Stan

I'm kinda torn on Cursed Earth. It's a good choice...BUT, as a second movie it seems a little early to leave Meg One behind.

I would be quite happy with those two sequels though. And what a finale it could be..

HunterZolomon

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 July, 2012, 08:03:49 PM
Garlan'ds proposed sequels are reportedly:

Film II: Cursed Eath/Origins story.

Film III: Dark Judges.

That's my drokkin' wishlist right there!

doggettX

Quote from: Light Surfer on 03 July, 2012, 08:19:01 PM
Quote from: doggettX on 03 July, 2012, 06:05:45 PM

Not everyone.
Some have seen it 'leeked' and called it a GOOD MOVIE.

And who can argue with that.

Good, I stopped looking. So many people seemed so dismissive of something not even out yet. Was the Stallone version THAT popular? I felt like joining some forums just to put the record straight, but what the hell.....
And just how many people have seen The Raid? Must be one of the box office hits of the year.
Hopefully people won't be put off by others claiming this a cheap remake of a camp 90's Stallone romp. I reckon once reviews start coming out things will change. The trailer has gone down, on the whole, pretty well.

In other news....Prog 1789....letters page....Tharg.....vinegar stroke?

That was a YouTube joke that may have gone over your head a little...

shaolin_monkey

Hey, have you guys seen the pics of CF with Karl Urban?!?  In full uniform!

Commando Forces, you are my new hero!   Well done that man!

Misanthrope

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 07 July, 2012, 09:11:22 PM

Do you have a link?
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Mardroid

Quote from: Stan on 07 July, 2012, 08:48:47 PM
I'm kinda torn on Cursed Earth. It's a good choice...BUT, as a second movie it seems a little early to leave Meg One behind.

I feel the same way, especially as [spoiler]much of this film will be in one location. It's be nice if the sequel was spent more on the street.[/spoiler] (I probably didn't need to spoilerize that as I'm sure you all know that by now, particularly as it's in the synopsis but anyway.)

That being said, it would be great to see more of the cursed Earth in future, but maybe not so soon.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Misanthrope on 07 July, 2012, 09:28:21 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 07 July, 2012, 09:11:22 PM

Do you have a link?

It's on the Planet Replicas Facebook page.  I'm on iPad Facebook,  and have no idea how to get the link, sorry!

shaolin_monkey

a chosen rider

A report on today's Dredd panel here.  (Spoilers for the footage that was shown.)
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

CYCLOPZ

[spoiler]'Dredd dispatches a 'hot shot' from his lawmaker, the round implanting itself in the perp's face and frying his head from the inside out.'

Nice. But I thought HoT Shot was a heatseeker not a heat maker.[/spoiler]

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 07 July, 2012, 08:56:02 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 July, 2012, 08:03:49 PM
Garlan'ds proposed sequels are reportedly:

Film II: Cursed Eath/Origins story.

Film III: Dark Judges.

That's my drokkin' wishlist right there!

Sequels? Do a Donner, make two films back-to-back and conflate the various Democracy storylines in both. The first sequel could use 'Letter From a Democrat' as its prologue, then play out as 'The Graveyard Shift'/'Back on the Streets' before becoming 'Revolution' maybe mixed with 'Block Mania' and riffing the same cliffhanger. The second sequel could be some Total Apocalypse War mash-up with a splash of AMERICA and, dare I say it, 'Twilight's Last Gleaming'. 'The Cursed Earth' can wait as should any story beyond the confines of Mega-City One.

And bollocks to the Dark Judges. If you really must, save 'em for some Anderson spin-off.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Mardroid

Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 07 July, 2012, 09:51:17 PM
Nice. But I thought HoT Shot was a heatseeker not a heat maker.[/spoiler]

That's what I thought too. [spoiler]And wouldn't a heatseeker in that situation home in on the first person, i.e. the hostage? Or maybe the heat-seeker rounds in this film work in a similar way to that 80s film with Tom Seleck. I forget the name, but it was a near future film about rogue robots. The main antagonist has a cool gun which shoots 'smart' bullets (mini missiles really) which home in on the target's individual heat signature and explode on impact. I think it's a film that's derided, but I saw it twice as a youngster and thoroughly enjoyed it.[/spoiler]

Concerning my earlier worries concerning the sequel idea, I do find what was said promising:

Quote[spoiler]the second movie would see Dredd visiting the Cursed Earth and exploring the history of Mega City One[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Visiting[/spoiler] at leeast suggest it won't all be set there.

dracula1

Liked the scene description ... a good solid rated 18 as hoped for. Mr.  Garland seems to have nailed this and l hope it makes the money required for his proposed sequels.