Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Fck me, reading these reviews is making me feel seriously emotional.

IT'S GOING TO BE GREAT! WE HAVE OUR DREDD FILM!!!!

So excited! So happy!!!!

:D :'( :D :lol:

Spaceghost

This is great. I've known for a long time that I was going to love it, hearing all this positive feedback from the wider world is making my day.

Can. Not. Wait.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Keef Monkey

So happy right now, the fact all those reports and reviews are very similar and are saying the same things which are all the right things just fills me with glee. This is going to be ace, I've decided to take the day off work to see it twice.

CYCLOPZ

Even the less enthusiastic Reviews are Positive ones.

July the 12 is Dredd Christmas!!

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Bubba Zebill

Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

radiator

I've potentially got to go to America for work in September. Is it wrong that I'm going to try and schedule it so as to not clash with September the 7th?

Spaceghost

Quote from: radiator on 12 July, 2012, 01:51:47 PM
I've potentially got to go to America for work in September. Is it wrong that I'm going to try and schedule it so as to not clash with September the 7th?

No, it's not wrong. Faking your own death in order to watch the film is also acceptable.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 12 July, 2012, 01:47:54 PM
July the 12 is Dredd Christmas!!
NO WAY...IT'S ARMADREDDON!!!!!  :P

MR. ELIMINATOR

All this praise should be good to help get Dredd where I live. (Small Island with only two cinemas, and only three screens between them)

Working at one of them should also help, hopefully I can get my hands on some of the posters too!

Diminished Responsibility

seeing all the positive vibes here is getting me all emotional, man!

if I could run round and give you all a hug and a wedgie, I would... well the wedgie anyway.
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

karlurbaninternational

And now the world knows too Karl and Dredd rock. :)
I hope blackmocco did make it in. I voted and rooted for him so hard. A friend who fly in from australia didn`t make it  :'(

Bubba Zebill

Solomon Kane director on Dredd on twitter...'Dredd; loved it. True to the ultra violence and satire of the comic. Karl Urban totally nails it.'

ming

I think one of the more encouraging things to come out of all the comments and reviews is that (for the most part) they don't represent a narrow slice of geekdom (i.e. us).  If the buzz was just down to a bunch of nostalgic, hopelessly optimistic hardcore 2000AD fans (yes, you :)) it would be one thing, but the film seems to appeal to a pretty wide audience comprising people unfamiliar with the source material.  Again, I'm hoping this all translates to more bums on seats and that Dredd gets off to a flying start when it's released.

Holy Mother of Grud, it's hard not to get swept away by all this, isn't it?

TordelBack

Much like the apparently universal viewing of The Raid by the interneteratti, I am moved to wish that 2000AD actually had as many readers as commentators who know that the film either is or isn't faithful to Dredd the comic-book character...

What's interesting about the reviews so far is that the biggest negatives (such as they are) seem to relate to wanting more from the film in terms of social commentary, colourful villains and wider vistas, even while clearly enjoying what is there already.  That can only be good news for the future.