Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeFuzzed

I think it's simply due to how the uniform 'bends' around his arm. Different materials all over the place, so oddness from a certain angle could happen.

darnmarr

He has one elbow and he is drawn with one elbow: it's just the line of that body armour that confuses the eye ( there really doesn't seem to be a whole lot of correlation between what works on film and what works for drawings, is there? ).

Stan

Nah, that's not the uniform. He either didn't notice or got so far into it he couldn't be arsed rubbing it out and starting fresh.

Goaty

Dredd 3D Facebook post this;

Steve Green

Quote from: Stan on 25 July, 2012, 06:58:30 PM
Nah, that's not the uniform. He either didn't notice or got so far into it he couldn't be arsed rubbing it out and starting fresh.

Considering he had a bunch of reference photos, and was then jetting out to SDCC to promote the prog, I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, than your dismissive 'couldn't be arsed' comment.

COMMANDO FORCES

I popped into the pictures and the manager said that they are showing the Dredd trailer before that vigilante film on screens 5 & 7. Ask and you shall find out. The trailers change after Friday, so if I don't see it before then I'll have to ask again next week.

Stan

Quote from: Steve Green on 25 July, 2012, 09:37:02 PM
Quote from: Stan on 25 July, 2012, 06:58:30 PM

Considering he had a bunch of reference photos, and was then jetting out to SDCC to promote the prog, I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, than your dismissive 'couldn't be arsed' comment.

OR..he didn't notice. Considering all the strapping around those pads I would've thought they were designed to not slip around when the joints move, but I'm prepared to eat crow if that's not the case. I don't even see it as a big deal and my first reaction to the pic was positive, as it still is.

Stan

I agree my comment was a tad flippant though, but not meant in a vindictive way. I have respect for any artist who can pull that kind've work off.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Watched Batman tonight and Dredd was in front of it. Was cool to see it on the big screen but the cinema sound system was shit so you couldn't hear a lot of the dialogue and they still had the lights on which ruined the mood slightly. But heard some people saying 'that's another one we'll have to go see' which is good!

Buttonman

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 25 July, 2012, 09:44:43 PM
I popped into the pictures and the manager said that they are showing the Dredd trailer before that vigilante film on screens 5 & 7. Ask and you shall find out. The trailers change after Friday, so if I don't see it before then I'll have to ask again next week.

Did you ask if he was getting a standee for his foyer and did you exclusively reveal that you will steal it from under him?

Pete Wells

Burdis IS going to be the standee.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Buttonman on 25 July, 2012, 10:51:26 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 25 July, 2012, 09:44:43 PM

Did you ask if he was getting a standee for his foyer and did you exclusively reveal that you will steal it from under him?

:lol: :lol:

Boy this going to be fun post Dredd release seeing who can get hold of what from their local mulitplex.Maybe we should introduce a points system... :D

COMMANDO FORCES

I did indeed and whatever they get I'll be getting (excellent English there).
I managed to obtain everything from the other film years ago  :'(

DKCX

Anyone in Ireland see it in front of any movies, watched Dark Knight here tonight and no Dredd.

Michaelvk

Quote from: SneakeeX on 26 July, 2012, 12:01:03 AM
Anyone in Ireland see it in front of any movies, watched Dark Knight here tonight and no Dredd.

Same here in Cardiff..

..suppose I'll have to see spiderman now  :(
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..