Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bissler

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 23 August, 2012, 11:18:23 PM
What? Has the world gone mad? I was getting into 18s at 14 and 15- was lifeforce, aliens, nightmare on elm street or a friday the 13th sequel the first one? I have no idea now. Do they demand to see people's id now then? But that's just stupid- it's movie. What's going to happen if a seventeen year old sees an 18 film, do they think? And when was the last time a cinema in britain was fined or closed down for admitting an underage patron? Has it ever happened? When i worked in a cinema, we used to let anyone in as long as they had an arse to fill a seat. Any cinema that actually checks id deserves to be shut down immediately for really not fucking getting the point.

SBT

Quite right SBT.  My first cinema 18 was Total Recall when I brazenly bought a ticket at the age of 15 (also saw the 15 cert Witness when I was 10). 
18 may be the law, but some laws are meant to be broken, especially when it's to see the law in action!

COMMANDO FORCES

radiator

Saw a billboard on the motorway today, just as I was telling my girlfriend about Alex Garland sneaking my username into the film!

Ace!

blackmocco

My brother put golf balls(!) in his shoes to appear taller because he wanted to see Body Heat.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

JOE SOAP

Surely the golf balls would've been more impressive placed elsewhere?

willthemightyW

Yeah I always get ID'd but I've started going in while the trailers are on when there's no one on the door
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Goaty on 22 August, 2012, 08:48:41 PM
Awesome! I love that Lawmaster!

That's the Dredd!

Uff, look at that! Absolutely fantastic.

blackmocco

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 24 August, 2012, 12:28:26 AM
Surely the golf balls would've been more impressive placed elsewhere?

Haha! Might have gotten him arrested instead of a ticket for the movie...!
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Goaty

MR. ELIMINATOR

I can't believe it's that close, crazy! I think I am gonna buy tickets for every night of it's run.

Danbo

Im on holiday for two weeks,afternoon showings untill they. Ome out off my ears,think I might go for the record.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Fisticuffs

Quote from: blackmocco on 24 August, 2012, 12:15:40 AM
My brother put golf balls(!) in his shoes to appear taller because he wanted to see Body Heat.

That sounds pretty painful!  :(

CraveNoir

CraveNoir

Spaceghost

We got turned away from the cinema when we tried to get in to see Aliens in 1986 at the age of 15, because my thick mate turned up with a pathetic, whispy, 3 day old cobweb of a moustache which actually made him look younger, AND the dumb bastard had a SHIRT AND TIE ON to make himself look grown up, BUT IT WAS HIS SCHOOL SHIRT AND TIE.

I was so mad at him as I'd been looking forward to seeing it for months and we'd have got in without his ridiculous shenanegans.

Silly bastard.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...