Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Ay idea when the 2d version is out? Sadly I can't see 3d.  My local cinema is being refurbed so don't have it right away anyway sadly but I'm hoping a 2d version might turn up.

The Bissler

Quote from: vzzbux on 03 September, 2012, 10:16:53 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 03 September, 2012, 10:12:32 PM
I've never booked online, I've always been a pop in a few days before and book, pictures goer!
I went to the actual Cinema (as it was on the way to the hospital) to book them as there is a booking fee for each ticket on line. £11 a ticket is alot but to add extra for each ticket is a disgrace, if there is to be a booking fee surely is should be one set price no matter how many tickets you order.

V

If you register with Cineworld it is 10% cheaper to buy tickets online.  Other chains of cinemas are available of course...

Mudcrab

Hooray, they're all up now. Renfrew Street's there too.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Bat King

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 03 September, 2012, 10:21:54 PM
Quote from: Fisticuffs on 03 September, 2012, 05:27:08 PM
Awesome, Mr Urban does seem like a fantastic sport. :)

Yes. It's otherwise unheard of for a professional actor to do everything in their power to promote their current film and first headlining gig. ; o)

Isn't his first top billing... That'd be Doom. Even more so Pathfinder.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 03 September, 2012, 10:21:54 PM
Quote from: Fisticuffs on 03 September, 2012, 05:27:08 PM
Awesome, Mr Urban does seem like a fantastic sport. :)

Yes. It's otherwise unheard of for a professional actor to do everything in their power to promote their current film and first headlining gig. ; o)

Uncalled for. Met the guy and he's really nice, and a Dredd fan himself. He's done umpteen interviews and patiently answered the same questions and inane questions over and over with the same level of passion and enthusiasm every time.We really couldn't hope for a better ambassador.

Some actors, I have met a few, are standoffish and a bit egotistical.He is NOT.We're lucky to have him.

Goaty

Karl is great bloke! Even he knew Goaty when Alex introduced me!

Alex Garland introduced me to Karl Urban!!!

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Goaty on 03 September, 2012, 11:12:50 PM

Nice one Goaty, didn't know that.

strangelysaucy

Quote from: Bat King on 03 September, 2012, 11:06:12 PM

Isn't his first top billing... That'd be Doom. Even more so Pathfinder.

and Priest!
props, scribbles and fiddle-aboutery - https://www.facebook.com/Strangelysaucy

Bat King

Quote from: Goaty on 03 September, 2012, 11:12:50 PM

I get the feeling Karl has been on the Forum... We know Alex has.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Pete Wells

Yep, Karl is officially cool. This is pretty much how my brief conversation went with him:

Me (gushing as usual): "Hi Karl, I'm Pete. I'm a big Dredd fan and I just want to thank you for being such an amazing ambassador for Dredd."
Karl: "It's been a pleasure!"
Me: "I particularly like how much respect you've given John Wagner in all your interviews, it's nice to hear an actor talk about someone else!"
Karl "Hey mate, I'm just glad that he, and the fans have finally got the Dredd film we deserve."

Tiplodocus

I do apologise; Didn't realise that we couldn't have light hearted banter about the film or stars.

Was he really the top name in Doom? I assumed that was either The Rock or the game.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

chuffsteruk

Holy shit!I should be able to book my ticket in less than 13 hours time!!

It's really real!!

A.Cow

Quote from: Something Fishy on 03 September, 2012, 10:22:21 PM
Ay idea when the 2d version is out? Sadly I can't see 3d.  My local cinema is being refurbed so don't have it right away anyway sadly but I'm hoping a 2d version might turn up.

Have you considered getting two pairs of glasses and making a double right-eyed viewer?

I must admit I've always wondered why cinemas don't do that, so they can mix 2D & 3D audiences in the same auditorium.  It would certainly save losing precious 3D supplements where a group of customers might otherwise downgrade due to one of them not liking 3D.

IndigoPrime

Anyone know if 2D prints are going out of this film? Local Vue only has 3D showings listed, and I can't do 3D.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: A.Cow on 04 September, 2012, 12:24:06 AM
Have you considered getting two pairs of glasses and making a double right-eyed viewer?

Doesn't help if you only have one good eye. My uncle can't watch 3D, and no amount of jiggery pokery with the glasses will give him two good eyes
You may quote me on that.