Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Maybe you'll get a consultant role on the inevitable SEQUEL.

Stan

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 25 January, 2013, 05:14:24 PM
Maybe you'll get a consultant role on the inevitable SEQUEL.

Quoted for Superherohype.

Adrian Bamforth

I'm sure it would have come up before in the many hundreds of posts on this topic, but Ma-Ma's bomb was the only thing it he film that didn't make much logistic sense to me personally - surely simply stunning, or giving her a non-fatal shot, then carrying her out is a no-brainer? Or even just accompanying her out of the building by force? The only thing it could prevent is immediate execution. No judge would simply walk away, though she didn't seem to have another exit plan. Also, taking the device out of range sounds like it would have the same effect as the heartbeat stopping, ie no heartbeat signal, so that's a risky business.

I felt like it should have had a far better twist considering Dredd just did to her what we've already seen done in the film. Maybe if we hasn't seen slo-mo already used that way the first time...

JOE SOAP

The sentence was death.

Fisticuffs

Yeah, the heartbeat sensor mcguffin was a bit rubbish. But hey, if that's all I can find wrong with the film I ain't complainin'. :D

SKD

I'm not sure if this has been reported already but Dredd is on Sky Box Office/FilmFlex from Monday. In the RadioTimes 'Films worth paying for... section, the review reads This gritty and very violent reboot of the 2000 AD comic-strip written by long-time fan Alex Garland thrillingly embraces the dark heart of the source material... ...This is brisk and brutal film-making. Four stars. The write-up is accompanied by a little picture of Dredd.

Stew.

Rusty

The heartbeat sensor makes sense if you think about it this way: it sends the signal to the bomb for the bomb to blow only once the heartbeat has stopped. If the sensor is out of range, the signal to trigger the bomb can't notify it's receiver. You clearly see that at the end when the light stops flashing and turns red. It's trying to transmit.

vzzbux

Quote from: Rusty on 26 January, 2013, 02:00:17 AM
The heartbeat sensor makes sense if you think about it this way: it sends the signal to the bomb for the bomb to blow only once the heartbeat has stopped. If the sensor is out of range, the signal to trigger the bomb can't notify it's receiver. You clearly see that at the end when the light stops flashing and turns red. It's trying to transmit.
Spot on. If the trigger isn't sent it wont go off.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Danbo

Dredd is not getting a sequel and they are selling everything off,and it cost 50 mill blah blah blah...

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=27306

Now if you will excuse me I'm going to pour boiling hot coffee directly into my eyes.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 26 January, 2013, 09:47:17 AM
Dredd is not getting a sequel and they are selling everything off,and it cost 50 mill blah blah blah...

Now if you will excuse me I'm going to pour boiling hot coffee directly into my eyes.

For gods sake, watch Dredd one more time before you do, or you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

Danbo

You just pulled me back form the brink,that story and the fact Jar Jar Abrams  is directing the new Star Wars was just too much to take first thing.....I'm better now(ish)

JOE SOAP

While the probabilities of a sequel are minute, that is not an official statement, that's a presumption by a journalist about an auction we've known about since last year:

QuoteThe film obviously won't be getting a sequel, which is why the studio is now auctioning off all the props from the movie.

strontium71

Quote from: JOE SOAP link=topic=34200.msg740089#msg740089 date=135920511

While the probabilities of a sequel are minute...

/quote]

YAY! Sequel possibility!
...because I hate you.

strontium71

Oooh. Buggered that quoting up... :-[
...because I hate you.

Danbo

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 January, 2013, 12:58:31 PM

Yeah I know,it's just these idiots over at WP writing it off without doing any research,wound me up.

While the probabilities of a sequel are minute, that is not an official statement, that's a presumption by a journalist about an auction we've known about since last year:

QuoteThe film obviously won't be getting a sequel, which is why the studio is now auctioning off all the props from the movie.